Motion?

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Re: Motion?

Postby Huntfish12 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:17 am

Sgtstadanko707 wrote:I am getting new into the field goose Hunting. I have seen some videos of guys that use the goose hand flags. Do those work well? I have about a dozen big feet and and 3 dozen shells mixed in on some
Stakes. I am just couries if I should pick one up for my next hunt. They are only like 30 bucks.

You definitely need to get a use a flag. it changes the way you will hunt. I would be lost without mine, and wont leave home without it.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:16 am

Huntfish12 wrote:
Sgtstadanko707 wrote:I am getting new into the field goose Hunting. I have seen some videos of guys that use the goose hand flags. Do those work well? I have about a dozen big feet and and 3 dozen shells mixed in on some
Stakes. I am just couries if I should pick one up for my next hunt. They are only like 30 bucks.

You definitely need to get a use a flag. it changes the way you will hunt. I would be lost without mine, and wont leave home without it.

Cool. Thanks. I will have to grab one. Do u think it works on geese over water. Where I duck hunt we get flights of honkers. Would it look natural seeing comeing out of the tullies or would that just flare them
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Number of birds- who cares.
Vegetarian is an old Indian word for " I don't hunt so good"
Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:39 pm

if they are far enough away then yes, once they turn towards your direction then put it away and work them in with the call. once they get close enough, cut way back on the calling and let the decoys do the work... thats if your hunting them on the water.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Huntfish12 wrote:if they are far enough away then yes, once they turn towards your direction then put it away and work them in with the call. once they get close enough, cut way back on the calling and let the decoys do the work... thats if your hunting them on the water.

I was going to get it for field hunting. Where I duck hunt there are also honkers in the area. I will have to give it a try next time out.
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Postby Ilovesidebysides » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Goose hunting in a field, without a flag is not such a good idea to me. Gotta have one!
Ilovesidebysides
hunter

Postby Sgtstadanko707 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Ilovesidebysides wrote:Goose hunting in a field, without a flag is not such a good idea to me. Gotta have one!

And because of this I just ordered one
2013/2014 season
Days's in the field- 44

Sgtstadanko707
hunter

Previous

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum