swimmng

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

swimmng

Postby renegadeduck » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:05 am

i was thinkinng of doing something alittle creative this season in terms of concealment. this early season i think im gonna take body bootin to the extreme. i hunt a cove in whch geese love to land on the far side which is not my property what im gonna do is set up 14 floaters cclose to my property and wear a baithing suit, a brown t-shirt to match the water and a face mask n when the geese come in im gonna grab a decoy put it infront of my face and get real low in the water in which my face gun and hands are the only thing above the water. what u guys think. will it work? should be fun. the lows around my parts are only 70s and i will bring towels and extra clothes leave em in the boat.
renegadeduck
hunter

Re: swimmng

Postby Boatman » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Make sure you take that Go-pro vid and post up the results. :lol3:
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby noweil » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:23 pm

How did the swimming work out for you?
CRP was responsible for 25.7 million additional ducks produced in the U.S. Prairie Pothole Region during 1992-2003.  Source DU.
noweil
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:41 pm

We want videos of the new way to hunt.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby renegadeduck » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:00 am

it actually worked out really well my 2 cousins and i sat down sunk up to our thighs in mud then had our shoulders n head ouot of the waterand took a a branch with a bunch of leaves n put it infront of our face like something washed into the marsh. we sat on a plastic mat so we wouldnt sink any further. the only problem was our calls stayed in the water pretty much the whole hunt. and my cousins phone bit the dust. n our shells got soaked but it was fun. lol the first day we didnt hunt like this we shouldve woodve killd more birds but the second day we woodnt have goten any birds if we didnt set up like we did.
renegadeduck
hunter

Postby oldbutnew » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:48 pm

You may find the video "Goose Blind Dump Box" filmed on the Susquehanna River interesting. You stand in the water behind an oversize rotating silhouette decoy, complete with gun and shellholder. It might be an upgrade to what your doing, and it'll keep your shells dry.

http://ducksdogsanddecoys.com/tv/vid_player.htm
oldbutnew
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum