Jack pot

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Jack pot

Postby Utter chaos » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:24 pm

So i just git permission to hunt land in southern OR on a 150 acre f0arm where there are 300 to 1000 honkers it hasn't been hunted in 8 years an land owner says that you can walk right up to them there dogs run out in fields scare them an they fly to the next field over an do it all iver this is my first goose hunt i can call though the land has a 4few acre pond an the rest is cut alfalfa fields how should i set up to hunt this decoys blind placement etc
Season totals
1 Widgeon
15 honkers
days hunted 4
Utter chaos
hunter

Re: Jack pot

Postby King Eider » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:44 pm

Better make your first shots count cause with the first volley you won't be able to walk up to them any more :hi:

Set up how you have seen them using the area. If they are using the pond as a roost and it is far enough away from the alfalfa fields then you may not want to drive them out. If field and pond is all in close association then have at them.
King Eider
hunter

Postby Utter chaos » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:50 am

Even though we could walk right up an shoot em id rather do this more like an actuall hunt
Season totals
1 Widgeon
15 honkers
days hunted 4
Utter chaos
hunter

Postby Blackfoot down » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:38 pm

For the first time shooting them, why take decoys? Just go shoot them by sneaking up and jump shooting them. Then put out some decoys and give it a little while. Some may come back and see the "geese" so you can finish your limit. After getting shot at once, you will be dragging decoys from then on to lure them in the last of the way!
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum