we need help

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

we need help

Postby Max4Holly » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:43 pm

We found close to 300 geese hitting a field on the land we have access too, problem is I only have a dozen full body's and a dozen shells how should I set up to try and draw in such a large number of birds? I'm very green when it comes to geese and this is the first year I have hit it pretty hard!
Max4Holly
hunter

Re: we need help

Postby Wobbling Wings Waterfowling » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:09 pm

If they are already landing in the field you have access to you should have no problem at all with a small number of decoys. Just set up exactly where you see them sitting or as cloe to it as you can and make sure your hidden. When you have birds landing it isnt neccessary to even run the BIG RIG. IMO.

Goodluck!
Wobbling Wings Waterfowling
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Remember..... Someone always has to show up at the party FIRST........... I doubt all 300 are dropping in as one flock..... at least I hope not........
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:29 pm

Use all decoys, clucks, no honking and flag up until the v-line for your spread. Those birds associate honking with hunters by now, the less you call the more confident they will be imo
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby WIDrakeKiller » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:20 am

I think how hidden u are is more important than how many decoys u have especially when ur in a field they want to be. Try to shoot ur limit quick and be out of there so u can get a couple days of full limits.
WIDrakeKiller
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:27 pm

Combine the last three posts' advice and you have a recipe for success. Hide your blinds like you're avoiding the FBI, run all your deeks where and how you saw the birds the day before and keep your calling simple and to a minimum of ground flock chatter. Good luck.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum