Hunter safety course question

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Hunter safety course question

Postby marylandhunter » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Trying to register online for my Maryland Goose hunting license, eight years ago when I got my first one in MD I showed them proof I had completed a hunter safety course in VA (used to live there), I got the license and have been hunting every year since. They have now changed the website and it won't let me register without proof of the Safety course. I think they are done giving the courses this year and I think I may be hosed on my annual trip to Chestertown in January unless I get lucky. I did the online course yesterday and got the certificate now I just need to do the 1 day field test.

Any advice on some sort of work around? I am not taking a chance on going out there without the proper paperwork.
marylandhunter
hunter

Re: Hunter safety course question

Postby shoreboy06 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:30 pm

What you need to do is get your Va hunters safetly number and put that in....from what i have been told, i work part time in a store that sells them, in order to just get the 3 day license you don't need that number....not sure never done one, but you still should be able to get your license without having to take Md's safety course idk where you live but i would call a DNR office on monday and check with them to be sure, they will be able to tell you. If you have a proof of license from out of state i have no clue why the state would make you retake a course just to get a license in md now that your a resident. but call them i am sure they will have all the answers....the new system sucks many stores, including sporting good stores have pulled the system out because of it
Ill be hyprocritical and you heard it on DHC so its gotta be true
shoreboy06
hunter

Postby shoreboy06 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Also you must have the course certificate number....that is a must have cause the state will no longer issue the provisional licenses. stupid new wrinkle but you have to have proof of it now when registering.....the only good thing is its a one time registration, next time just type in your name all your info comes back up without having to reenter anything
Ill be hyprocritical and you heard it on DHC so its gotta be true
shoreboy06
hunter

Postby marylandhunter » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:01 pm

shoreboy06 wrote:Also you must have the course certificate number....that is a must have cause the state will no longer issue the provisional licenses. stupid new wrinkle but you have to have proof of it now when registering.....the only good thing is its a one time registration, next time just type in your name all your info comes back up without having to reenter anything

Much appreciated my friend. Thanks.
marylandhunter
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum