How come somedays... ??

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

How come somedays... ??

Postby Duplex lover » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:48 pm

:help: The last three days. One day was calm and over cast, the geese flew all day long ,off and to the river. One day was clear and WINDY the geese flew but only once in the AM to Noon but only a short way off the river. Today Same amount of geese on the river but only a 1/10 took off at all. temp is +28 slight wind and full sun. What's the difference? I live right on the river and have noticed this all winter, one day they ALL take off and feed most the time twice a day but some days they stay out all day and sometimes they don't leave at all. I have not been able to correlate any type of weather ,feeding thing. WHATS UP !! :huh:
The last best place.
Duplex lover
hunter

Re: How come somedays... ??

Postby GunNRun » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of goose hunting.
And FYI...there is a pattern there somewhere....
GunNRun
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:48 pm

Someone could've scared em out of the spot making them leave.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby Blackfoot down » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:20 pm

It is because geese don't read the rules of how they are supposed to fly!!!!!!! They are like women, they come with an instruction manual, but it is written in chinese and encoded! Seriously, every time I think I have them patterned, they change their mind and do what ever they feel like.
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Postby CBRS » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:10 pm

Thats what I love about chasing geese. You never know what they'll do.

Not sure if it's the lack of water or crops but whats been driving me crazy is they'll be piled in one of my fields in the evening, but the next morning not a goose within a mile :hammer:
CBRS
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:51 pm

CBRS wrote:Thats what I love about chasing geese. You never know what they'll do.

Not sure if it's the lack of water or crops but whats been driving me crazy is they'll be piled in one of my fields in the evening, but the next morning not a goose within a mile :hammer:

x2
heres the only consistency i have found with the geese in my area that i hunt: they don't start flying/go out to feed till its at least 20 degrees. :thumbsup:
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:33 pm

They are where you don't want them a lot of the time.

Chasin the x....
ohioboy
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum