Need Layout Blind Advise

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Need Layout Blind Advise

Postby carolinagreenhead » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:31 am

I've never had one nor hunted from one but prolly gonna start. Can someone recommend a good one?
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Re: Need Layout Blind Advise

Postby Nomad82 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Cabelas Northern Flight Ultimate blind. They have them on sale right now for $189. Pick one up and you won't regret it.
Nomad82
hunter

Postby rebelp74 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Nomad82 wrote:Cabelas Northern Flight Ultimate blind. They have them on sale right now for $189. Pick one up and you won't regret it.

:ditto: its the best that i've ever had, plus they have it in mossy oak duck blind!
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks guys. Seems like it gets really good reviews.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby noweil » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:42 pm

I have been hunting with an Avery Groundforce for a number of years and have been very happy with it.
CRP was responsible for 25.7 million additional ducks produced in the U.S. Prairie Pothole Region during 1992-2003.  Source DU.
noweil
hunter

Postby goosehappy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:57 pm

I have a Rogers Goosebuster low profile, and I love it. It is under $100 and is very lightweight. It is plenty roomy for me, but it is not big.
trapped in the polar vortex
goosehappy
hunter

Postby wtrfwl havoc » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:20 pm

It really just depends on what your looking to do with it. I hunt primarily avery finisher blinds. IMO it is still the best blind out there. It folds up small, and carries easy. They last forever mine is going on almost 10 years and I don't just hunt a few days on the weekends. I am told the rogers toughman is the exact same as the finisher and last time I checked you could get the toughman for $199 with a free snow cover included. This really is a topic you will get varying opinions on. Everyone has a blind they are partial to that fits their needs. It may work for one and not the other. I would suggest you go to the local sporting good stores and look at them all. Sit in them, fold them up, see how heavy they are, etc. Pick one that you think will fit the way you hunt the best. I will tell you that old saying you get what you pay for can apply to layout blinds aswell. Some of them are pretty cheap so look at the durability factor.
wtrfwl havoc
hunter

Postby carolinagreenhead » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:02 am

I appreciate the opinions from all of you. My problem is I don't have anywhere close to try any out. I have to drive an hour to Sportsman Warehouse so I have to make a special trip. I will probably do that before I buy one though. I'm prolly gonna sell my QuickSet for the layout route. It's a bigger pain than its worth.
carolinagreenhead
hunter

Postby Bo Beaver » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:51 am

I was planning on buying a Northern Flight Ultimate, but my girlfriend bought me a Tanglefree Deadzone while they were on sale. Its a nice blind, well built and roomy, quick to setup, and it comes with a snow cover. The best thing about mine is it didnt cost me anything!
"Fear and dread of you shall be upon the beasts of the earth, and the fowl of the air, all that moves upon the earth, and all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be meat for you." Gen9:2
Bo Beaver
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum