Rogers Goosebuster XL LP

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Rogers Goosebuster XL LP

Postby Winterwaterfowler » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:54 am

Anyone have any experience with the Roger's Goosebuster XL LP layout blind? Any insight (Positive or Negative) will be greatly appreciated. I've got a buddy looking to purchase a layout and he would like to stay low profile as much as possible. He's a big guy 6'2''/265lbs. My powerhunters are a bit small for him. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Winterwaterfowler
hunter

Re: Rogers Goosebuster XL LP

Postby rebelp74 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:59 pm

I use a cabela's ultimate, I'm 6'3'' 250lbs. I have plenty of room in it, and haven't had any profile issues or any issues for that matter. They are the best imo.
Indaswamp wrote:
jaysweet3 wrote:Looks a little small.

Dat's what She said....

Underradar wrote:We, the unsigned members of the HH, are not allowed to address such questions. But thank you for asking.
rebelp74
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:29 pm

If the powerhunter is tight on him, the XL LP won't be much better. The doors are not framed and they will lay right on top of him. If he's looking for a really good blind that will hide well, take a look at the standard size goos buster. Great blind and I think they are selling them as a package right now with the snow cover.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby dwbiggs » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:13 am

Bought me a Goosebuster...be at my door Tuesday. Got it based on DSM's advice on several posts...no pressure though DSM. :wink:
Bonafide member of the National Ringneck Hunters Association(NRHA)
dwbiggs
hunter

Postby JaredR215 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Final Approach SUB is the way to go. Have had mine for 3 years and it's doing great. I'm 6'2 270. Fits me, a couple blind bags and more.
JaredR215
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:16 pm

dwbiggs wrote:Bought me a Goosebuster...be at my door Tuesday. Got it based on DSM's advice on several posts...no pressure though DSM. :wink:

:thumbsup: :beer:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum