Any Speck hunters in here?

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Any Speck hunters in here?

Postby HuntsCTRiver » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:53 am

I am planning a freelance trip for a White-fronted goose next Fall. I really want one for the wall. I plan on hunting SK. I have no idea when they migrate through. Its 33 hours for me to get there and I need to schedule my vacation days for work soon. Any help would be appreciated.
Also, I plan on bringing 60 canada dekes (mainly cuz that is about all I can fit in the truck) will i be able to pull in a Specklebelly to Canada decoys? Or do I have to buy a half dozen Speck dekes? I have never heard/seen a WF goose in my life so I don't know if I could even learn to call them. Can they be hunted without being called? I don't need to shoot a limit of them, all I need is one and I will consider my trip a total success.
HuntsCTRiver
hunter

Re: Any Speck hunters in here?

Postby Gabe1Davis » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:55 pm

Im no speck hunter, but I know they fly with canadas sometimes. If I could help you out more I would! good luck! hopefully someone on here can help you out a little :biggrin:
professional redneck.
Gabe1Davis
hunter

Re: Any Speck hunters in here?

Postby possumfoot » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:40 am

in canada birds will do dumb things.. get a cheap speck call.. it will help.. ark and La are probably safer, cheaper bets to get a plumed out bird.. texas kansas and oklahoma are good bets too.. it would probably be cheaper to go on a guided speck hunt in any of these places than going to canada.
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum