Rogers Blinds.....

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Rogers Blinds.....

Postby gandergunner » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:52 pm

My brother is new to goose hunting and he has been using a old style ghg ground force blind and that thing is huge, and we were wondering has anyone tried this blind,
http://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/roge ... -3160.html
I personally own a newer ground force and its ok, and my buddy hunts with a power hunter is really low. My brother is looking for a open door styel compared to the flip top like a power hunter. I no some gusy who have the old final approach x lander(i think thats the name) but they say the new x lander2 is junk.....so any oppinions? Thanks
gandergunner
hunter

Re: Rogers Blinds.....

Postby gandergunner » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:44 pm

By the way, we are looking for a super low blind....the rogers is very low and hi is skinny enough to fit in it. I am a big guy so i cant use one of the smaller blinds.....appreciate your help!
gandergunner
hunter

Postby bruno1 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:28 am

I use the Rogers Goosebuster XL and love it. Comfortable and well built
ASLANDS NEEKO DAMICO QAA MH "NEEKO"

HEART & SOULS NUTS FOR DUCKS JH "ROCCO"

http://www.elitelongislandoutfitter.com
bruno1
hunter

Postby dklaus1201 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:31 am

I have a rogers goosebuster lp, not sure if it is the xl or not. i love it and it is waaayyy lower profile than the blinds used by the other guys i hunt with.
dklaus1201
hunter

Postby Gabe1Davis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:51 pm

I dig the powerhunter. its good for guys who are calling or new to hunting and like to look at the birds as they work aall around you(which is really nice to do), cause you can afford to move your head a little in the blind without getting busted. plus its really low profile, and sitting up with that flap over your head isnt as hard as you would think.

the only downfall to it is that its not very comfortable, its hard to take a nap in on a slow day lol. But I would rather get by not being able to go to sleep and kill birds then get busted in a higher profile blind while napping lol.
professional redneck.
Gabe1Davis
hunter

Postby Rogue35 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:13 pm

I have the rogers goosebuster regular verion not the xl version. I really enjoy the blind and it's got plenty of room for me 6'2'' 245lbs.
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
-Mitch
Rogue35
hunter

Postby Blackfoot down » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 am

I have a Goosebuster and love it. It is lower than most blinds, costs half as much, and works just fine! I have been using three years now with no issues or signs of wear. I try to protect it though by placing an old Army PT mat under my blind when I hunt. One, it protects the floor of my blind. Two, it gives an extra layer of insulation between me and the ground.
Blackfoot down
Marshfield, MO
Blackfoot down
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:17 pm

The goosbusters came out TWO years ago...I know this because I ordered the one of very first ones from Fred when they came out.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby nichko » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:20 am

Love my 89.00 Rogers Goosebuster!
Is it normal to think about hunting this much??
nichko
hunter

Postby CLAYBREAKER22701 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:48 am

I use the goosebuster XL - I am 5-10 - 275. I can EASILY fit me - gun - and probably a small child in there with me lol.
CLAYBREAKER22701
hunter

Location: North of Richmond - South of DC-West of 95 - East of the Mountains.

Postby dsm16428 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:14 am

Here is a pic of my GB XL on the fringe of a corn field. Had to set up there because the birds were all landing in a 5 acre open spot behind me and were then bouncing up into the corn after they were comfortable in the grass for a while. I'd say it hides well enough...wouldn't you? The birds that set in the deeks at less than 15 yards apparently couldn't see it either. :biggrin:
Attachments
IMG_2013021357114.jpg
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby nichko » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:11 pm

dsm16428 wrote:Here is a pic of my GB XL on the fringe of a corn field. Had to set up there because the birds were all landing in a 5 acre open spot behind me and were then bouncing up into the corn after they were comfortable in the grass for a while. I'd say it hides well enough...wouldn't you? The birds that set in the deeks at less than 15 yards apparently couldn't see it either. :biggrin:

Nice work!
Is it normal to think about hunting this much??
nichko
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum