layout blind color

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

layout blind color

Postby timmer » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:35 pm

whats the best color i hunt mainly wheat stuble and alfalfa and corn im thinking bout buying a straight brown or duck blind i like the duck blind because of the green dull color for alfalfa and the brown for stuble or do i just get brown and buy some fake grass and use some natural?
timmer
hunter

Re: layout blind color

Postby erp10 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:39 pm

I say your gonna stubble it anyway go with brown.
erp10
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Go with brown Colored layout blinds are a waste of money!! The first thing you do with a layout blind when you buy it is mud the crap out of it covering up the camo pattern.... :hammer: :hammer: I dont know why they even make them in a pattern
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby shootable Goose » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:51 pm

i_willie12 wrote:Go with brown Colored layout blinds are a waste of money!! The first thing you do with a layout blind when you buy it is mud the crap out of it covering up the camo pattern.... :hammer: :hammer: I dont know why they even make them in a pattern

X2
I bought the max 4 and it was so shiny and I mudded the crap out of it anyway. Plus I brush the hell out of it so it wouldn't matter what the pattern is. If I were to buy another I would do the brown.
Also I hunt alfalfa mostly.
Bill Herian wrote:I would rather decoy ducks, but geese, geese are another story. Jump shooting geese is like playing dodgeball with fat kids. And I love dodgeball.
shootable Goose
hunter

Postby muskyduck » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:43 am

I understand the whole brown color, but I like a brighter camo that will show through the mudding a bit. It dulls the color but still maintains the pattern to help break up the blind. Helps when there is little natural stubble to be found. KW-1 is my preference.
muskyduck
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:49 am

I have one of each and by the time I'm done mudding and stubbling I can't tell the difference from 10 yards away.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby timmer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:51 am

dakota. which one do you find easier to hide and faster to hide
timmer
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:43 pm

Buy brown and dust it with rattle cans until it broken up.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby JaredR215 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:24 pm

If you can still see the camo pattern, you're not hidden. Brush your blind in until you think it looks good, then brush it some more.
JaredR215
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum