New to the meadville area in PA looking for places to geese

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

New to the meadville area in PA looking for places to geese

Postby Funkienutts » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:16 pm

:help: I have been reading the post on this site for weeks and decided to join. I have moved to the meadville/ linesville pa area from Louisiana and was wondering if anyone knew any good spots for geese hunting or duck hunting for this season. I am new to geese hunting and would also take any suggestions on layout blinds or where to get decent decoys that won't break my pocket book :wink:
Funkienutts
Newb

Re: New to the meadville area in PA looking for places to ge

Postby dsm16428 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:51 am

You'll get all kinds of suggestions on gear on here, but don't hold your breath on anybody...ANYBODY giving you a thing on spots, especially up here. Too many guys getting into the sport cuz it's cool and what not that aren't willing to do their own scouting and work. It's called internet scouting and it is frowned upon almost as much as pedophelia...
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby Funkienutts » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:24 am

Yeah I been scouting some game lands fo three weeks and went to the game commission to get ideas where it is legal to be since so many game lands have waterfoul restrictions here. Just trying to stay legal lol. Some of the game lands I have been to have tons of geese, which I was told by the game commission they draw names for special permits for.
Funkienutts
Newb

Postby OmegaRed » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:28 pm

There are tons of spots, like DSM said, you just gotta scout and get permission. We are heading out maybe once or twice more before late season ends.

Where did you live at in Louisiana?
I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby Funkienutts » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Houma Louisiana in Terrebonne parish.
Funkienutts
Newb

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum