goofy birds

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

goofy birds

Postby Huntfish12 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:35 am

Man i tell ya, these birds do some funny stuff in the spring time. Ive seen pictures of geese standing on roof tops, but ive got some that hang around my work that are just as strange. As i type this, these one walking along a pipe rack about 15ft off the ground. Before that, he was standing on the roof of a small out building.Theres a pair on the ground just outta sight that hes calling back and fourth to. Its funny to watch em do the crazy things they do.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Re: goofy birds

Postby mayhem96 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:54 am

Those will be easy birds to kill come early September. I have seen geese land in 30 ft. tall pine trees before. I have also seen them on pipes and roofs just like you mentioned. My buddy was driving down the road one day and he watched a goose slam into a telephone pole and then it landed in the water...dead as a door nail :lol: :lol:

They call them "sky carp" for a reason bro :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Wed May 08, 2013 3:21 pm

I work at a golf course in the summers and we get to drive carts at the geese. Their the same geese I hunt during early season. They never can catch a break...
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby OregonSpeck85 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Here the geese prefer trees and builds for nest, there was a pair that nested at our middle school this year for the 9 time in a row.
OregonSpeck85
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum