spinning Wings

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

spinning Wings

Postby Duckman10 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:10 am

I heard that Mojo mallarads and mojo geese will make geese flare i was wonderin if there is any truth behind that :eek:
Duckman10
hunter

Postby goosecaller » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:01 am

Yes, there is truth behind it. I love a spinner in the field if hunting ducks, but hate them when there are geese around.
call 'em in and kill 'em all
goosecaller
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:21 am

Early in the year they don't mind them but later on they hate them. So either get a remote or be close enough to them to shut them off when the geese are coming.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Postby yellowlab » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:37 pm

sdgr8wthnter wrote:get a remote

if you are going to use them for geese you have to have one or anything shy will flar before they are close
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby NickCies80 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:42 pm

:withstupid: All these above posts are right on target. Most of the time the geese by us won't come anywhere near them. Go with the flag if you are looking for movement.

Nick
NEED SLEEP!
NickCies80
State Moderator

Postby cam » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:02 am

your right use the flags leave spiners for the ducks
cam
hunter

Postby PatCies83 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:36 pm

IT's TRUE!! I run my Mojo for the first 15-30min or untill I see geese fly. People say to just get a remote...but with the remote you cant get the wings of the Mojo white side down everytime...so your better off just taking it down
I was hunting in a field last week and my buddy just held the Mojo up with his hand out of the blind. :toofunny: When the ducks came in he just pulled it down....Got 5 groups of between 6-12 mallards in doing that!
:thumbsup:
PatCies83
hunter

Postby MHeintz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:48 pm

i put the robo right behind my blind so when geese are in the area i can turn it off and put the white side of the wings down. it seems to be working great and the geese don't flare.

Best of luck to you
Max
MHeintz
hunter

Postby callinfowl » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:54 am

PatCies83 wrote:IT's TRUE!! I run my Mojo for the first 15-30min or untill I see geese fly. People say to just get a remote...but with the remote you cant get the wings of the Mojo white side down everytime...so your better off just taking it down
I was hunting in a field last week and my buddy just held the Mojo up with his hand out of the blind. :toofunny: When the ducks came in he just pulled it down....Got 5 groups of between 6-12 mallards in doing that!
:thumbsup:

Sure you can !
place a few stick on wheel balancing weights on the white side of the wings. Use duct tape to sick them on so you can move them around to find the sweet spot. Then stick them on with the adhesive backing and spray them white it works great ! :thumbsup:
(I use the ones they use to balance you tires on you truck)
It works awesome for the ducks as well, as soon as you hook'um up
and get them coming your way turn the mojo off.

:salude: :salude:
Lifes to short to sweat the small crap !
Lighten up and have some fun ,before ya die !

Laugh at yourself and with others!!!!!
callinfowl
Forum Moderator

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum