DOA Decoys

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

DOA Decoys

Postby team_reload » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:57 pm

So I am looking to buy a half dozen deeks. I cam across the DOA page (which is under construction). I was wondering if anyone has seen these at a show or something. Just wondering how you felt they compared to what is on the market already. I have a 6 pack of Big Foots (regular not b2's) Just wondering if these would be a good addition. Looking for any info anyone has. Thank You!
Bangin' Birdies
team_reload
hunter

Re: DOA Decoys

Postby dsm16428 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:20 pm

More Bigfoots. I would say try to keep everything as homogenous as possible. It'll really aide in set up and take down and how many thousands upon thousands upon THOUSANDS of geese have died locked up in a spread of BF's? The detail on some decoys anymore is there to catch the HUNTER, not more geese.
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby team_reload » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:20 pm

dsm16428 wrote:More Bigfoots. I would say try to keep everything as homogenous as possible. It'll really aide in set up and take down and how many thousands upon thousands upon THOUSANDS of geese have died locked up in a spread of BF's? The detail on some decoys anymore is there to catch the HUNTER, not more geese.

Ya know thats true. I guess its like all of these shot shells we are seeing these days. They market things to attract the hunter, not to kill more birds necessarily. I think i will take your advice and go with some more Foots. Thanks for your input. :thumbsup:
Bangin' Birdies
team_reload
hunter

Postby Tealer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:54 pm

They were at a local show. Great guys and a great product, very durable. I watched the guy stand on the decoys and beat they in to the ground all weekend.
Widmer Bros Prostaff
Former Hostess Prostaff
WizzBang Prostaff
Tealer
village idiot

Postby team_reload » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:49 am

Tealer wrote:They were at a local show. Great guys and a great product, very durable. I watched the guy stand on the decoys and beat they in to the ground all weekend.

Sounds appealing, I know BF's are tough as nails too. I think im going to take the advice dsm16428 gave me and go with more Foots
Bangin' Birdies
team_reload
hunter

Postby Webfootslayer » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:03 pm

For the price I would go with other options. I still can't understand why a new company would do like Ghg & use a shinny screw to hold the motion base on the dek. If it wasn't for that I might have actually looked at them more but that screw screwed them from me buying them.
Webfootslayer
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum