Recipes

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Recipes

Postby Swampfoxforeman » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:30 pm

What's some of the better ways to fix Canadian geese?
Swampfoxforeman
hunter

Re: Recipes

Postby B.E.Nelli » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:13 am

My two go to recipes are the grill and crockpot. Grilling them, I treat em like a steak, trim all the fat and silver off them, and marinate overnight in whatever sounds good to you. Grill em just like a steak. I like em medium rare inside or they start to get tough. Maybe 10 min on each side on med heat cause they are pretty thick. Take em off and slice em real thin and it will taste just like a sirloin. The second way, and a great way to introduce them to people, that they won't be able to tell the difference between goose and beef is shredded bbq. Trim a couple breast just like before and put em in a crockpot covered in chicken broth and a beer or two. Just enough fluid to completely cover them. Then put em on low and go to work. When you get home 8 hours later they are done. Drain the juice, and get two forks and shred em up, discarding the one piece of gristle in each breast. Cover in your favorite bbq sauce and heat that up in the crockpot for another 20 or 30 min. serve on some buns and you will think you are eating bbqd beef sandwiches.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby Boatman » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:59 am

Best Canada goose, cut breast into 1/4X1/4X 1" pieces or bigger,place in sm bowl 4 tbls brown sugar ad shakes of stk seasoning. Roll up in 1/3 slice of bacon,stick with toothpick,broil till dk brown turn broil till dk brown. Set out watch them go fast.

There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby Swampfoxforeman » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:15 pm

I was thinking about marinating over night then deep fat frying in peanut oil. Would that work?
Swampfoxforeman
hunter

Postby Boatman » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:32 pm

Swampfoxforeman wrote:I was thinking about marinating over night then deep fat frying in peanut oil. Would that work?

Let us know how that works out.
There are still things worth dying for and 1 of those things is freedom.

I love Geese

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons, quiver and bow, go out in the fields and hunt some wild game for me.
Boatman
hunter

Postby Black Smoke » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:01 pm

I've fried duck and goose and personally it is probably the best way you can make it and I didn't marinate it just used Drake's Mix
Black Smoke
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:41 am

I've posted this a couple of times, but I absolutly love it. You can cook it with Canadas, Snows, ducks, boar, turkey, and venison...

Buy 2 packets of Mccormick Au Jus gravy mix, 2 cans of mushrooms, 1 large onion, banana peppers (pre-sliced) in a jar, 4 snow goose breasts (or 2 canada breasts) and your favorite Dijon mustard. Make the gravy, then mix the gravy and mustard into a crockpot. Add the goose meat and onions, and let cook 5 hrs on low, occasionaly pulling the meat apart with forks . Then add as many peppers as you would like (I use about 1/2 of the jar with 1/2 of the juice.if you dont like peppers, don't add them) and add the mushrooms. Cook another 2 hrs. Enjoy with your favorite moonshine and or barley pop.

We prefer to eat this on hogie buns, but it can also be put over rice.
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby scruggs12 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:52 am

Best Goose I have ever done is this:

-Place breasts in baking dish
-Drizzle with Jack Daniels
-Coat with barbecue sauce
-Lay raw bacon over the top to completely cover
-Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes
-Remove bacon, slice into thin strips
-Quit salivating and try it!!!
scruggs12
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:54 am

Sounds good. Simple, and has a whiskey twist.

Now when you say drizzle........
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum