Layout Blinds

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Layout Blinds

Postby Browningshooter » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:12 pm

I'm looking for a layout blind and im stuck between the X-land'r and the Finisher. Which blind do you guys think is better.
hunt eat sleep(after season)
Browningshooter
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:13 am

Go with the finisher. They are good blinds. Me and my 2 other friends each got one and we all love them. They work great. They are confortable and they fold up nice. They have plenty of room inside too. :thumbsup:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:40 pm

I've got a Finisher and love it. Plenty of room and very comfortable. If the ducks & geese aren't flyin, you can take a very nice nap in it. I could lay in it all day. If you get one you'll be satisfied! :salude:
quackkiller
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:39 am

Definately Final Approach products are of better quality IMHO. I know a guy here in MN went through 2 Finisher blinds in 1 week---1 had parts missing the other had a connector break on the Avery. I never have heard of such a sthing on FA products.

As for roominess -neither have plenty of room. If roominess if important, get the FA Eliminator Pro or Avery Migrator. I have both of these blinds and my dog hides in behind the backrest in them and I am 250, and I have enough room in both.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Browningshooter » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:53 pm

Thanks for your opinons. (I'm leaning towards the finisher now but still undecided) But more of you idiots could reply. :smile:

Does anyone have either of these blinds for sale at a good price (they can be used as long as their in good conditon) :salude:
hunt eat sleep(after season)
Browningshooter
hunter

Postby Giv'em3 » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:21 am

I'm an idiot I'll reply. :mrgreen: :getdown:
I have six layout blinds 4 Finshers and 2 Power Hunters. I LIke the Finisher, but how big of a guy are you. If your over 250 then you may need a bigger blind. Just my 2cents
Don't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If that don't light your Fire, your woods WET!!!!
Giv'em3
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:31 am

Xlander

Avery Uses plastic parts alot. Makes the blinds flimsy and they break pretty easy. My power hunters are going back tomorrow cause of the weak frames.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby rustygunner » Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:05 pm

Finisher hands down. :thumbsup:
rustygunner
Newb

Postby donell67 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:54 pm

i havent ever used the layout blinds. but i have used stuff from both companies. final approach is at the top to say the least.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ks_waterfowler » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:01 pm

Xlanders on sale at Bass Pro for $230
Lots of Layouts on sale. Have used an Xlander and I am selling my Avery to get one.

Lots of great deals right now.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:35 pm

I don't like x-landers because they lay right ontop of you.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Big Josh » Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:36 am

Go with the Final Approach, they are better quality, replacement parts if needed are easy to get, easier to set up in the darkness of the night, I've been guiding more than 120 days per year and still use the same Final Approach blinds for the last 5 years, I do have 6 eliminators and 4 X-Landers.

I got rid of my 2 Finishers that I had bought 2 years ago, because they were a pain to set up in the morning compare to FA, I had the spring button rusted and jammed after only a month, could use more velcro on each side of the headrest, never liked the steel wires in the bottom of the finisher, and does anybody ever used that flagging sock ? And I will not mention the arrogance of some of their management crew, regarding my unsatisfaction with some of their products.

To my opinion FA is by far a better quality product. :hammering:
Big Josh
22 years of
hardcore waterfowling
in 4 Canadian Provinces
Big Josh
hunter

Postby duckbuster » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:39 pm

go with the finisher its got a nice metal frame and its so comfortable youll forget ur laying in a field if nothing is flying.
duckbuster
hunter

Postby dukcracker » Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:55 pm

I say go with the finisher thats what I have and I love it. Although I've never tried the FA so I can't put it down. :thumbsup:
dukcracker
hunter

Postby darick silsby » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:30 pm

I bought the finisher from macks prairy wings last week, it seems nice.
It also came with a free call[don't like it] a free flag [its great] and a free
blind bag [very small, but very nice]
aim small miss small,
Mel Gibson- The patriot
darick silsby
hunter

Postby Drew Willemsen » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:23 am

Avery finisher is where its at IMO...
Supreme Waterfowl Action Team
"We Don't Flock Around!!"
www.TheSupremeWaterfowlActionTeam.com
Drew Willemsen
hunter

Postby doane25 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:28 am

the thing i like most about my finisher is that i can carry it, a bag of decoys, my blind bag, and my gun without any trouble. the finisher breaks down so much easier into a smaller pack and is much easier to carry in and out of the field. just my thoughts though
doane25
hunter

Postby Quackkills9 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:15 pm

I love my new finisher but the only problem is that its hard to set it up.. the head rest have a hard time putting thru the other tubing.. I get ticked off and its frustrating and have been practing.. no improvements.. hmmm
"Get Down and Cover Up!" -Tim Grounds
"In Yo' Face!"
"My Retriever is Smarter than Your Honor Student!"
Quackkills9
hunter

FA

Postby TopGunMich » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:06 am

FA Pro Guide, with the water proof flooring. I am always in a muddy area so the HD flooring was my choice..
STIMULUS PKG THAT WOULD WORK: PUT A $1000 DOLLAR REWARD ON THE 15 MILLION ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IN THIS COUNTRY, $2500 ON DRUG DEALERS, & $5000 ON TERROIST, $10000 ON POLITICANS !!!!!!
TopGunMich
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:57 am

i think the fa x-lander is one of the best blind on the market right now and would highly recomend it over the finisher
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby CMAN » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:16 pm

IM a BIG boy(240) and I fit in a finisher just fine. I love it but the FAs or also a great product. Its all personal opinion and im sure you will be satisfied with either

Chad
TAKE EM BOYS
Waterfowling is a disease the only difference is we want this one passed on!!
CMAN
hunter

Postby Gopack » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:57 pm

Hey quackkills, I had the same problem with my finisher, couldn't get haedrest to go in. I called Avery and they had me a replacement headrest in 3 days. I've been extremly impressed with their customer service. I have a finisher but then I got a Power Hunter because it's a liitle smaller and easier to carry with decoys gun etc. I heard the power hunters were more comfortable than the Finishers, but after having napped in both it's the finisher by a snore!! Check the Avery website, they got excellant info and prostaffer s on hand to answer ?s
Gopack
hunter

Postby Kurt » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:22 pm

In the group i hunt with we have 3 FA pro guides and 1 FA sport utility blind and 1 finisher but he is in the process of geting rid of it and buying a FA.
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum