i did it!!!!!

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

i did it!!!!!

Postby jjohnson_714 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:59 pm

today i officially called in geese by myself and im pretty stoked. normally casey does most the calling and i just kinda do some fill-ins, but he wasnt there so i had to do all the work. anyways there was a decent flock coming from the left and they passed by just out of range. so im calling to them and they went a ways up the river then turned and started coming towards us. so we are like SWEET!! then another flock was coming from the left. so we had these two flocks coming towards eachother with us in the middle. so im calling like a mad man making all sorts of moans and clucks and i dont even know what. anyways they met right infront of us turned and came right at us. there were like 30 of them. it was soooo exciting, im still pumped about it.

please dont ask if we got any or not :oops: lets just say it wasnt pretty on our end.
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:46 am

Cool, It looks like your up to go out again. :thumbsup:

Maybe you'll shoot some this time? :umm:
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MattKenzer » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:13 am

Well done JJ...sounds like you have half the battle won.
MattKenzer
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:17 pm

i think i shot so bad because of bad juju... i was bragging some shots on teal from the weekend before (2 with one shot, then i got another one that was flying mach 5 right over the water). it sure is exciting with them coming in that close though. we've had one or two come right in, but never that many.
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby duckbuddy » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:01 pm

i feel ur pain jj. called in my first geese last year. its a rush. just me or when it happens, those geese seem a lot closer than they actually are. i swear i called the shots when they were about 20 yrds away but they were actually 35 +.

DUCK HUNTING ITS NOT ABOUT THE BAG ITS ABOUT GETTING AWAY
duckbuddy
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:21 pm

we use our dekes to tell when its time to shoot. the far ones are normally under 30 yards. so the geese must have been within 20 :oops: now that i think back on it, i ended up flock shooting (i know a BAD no-no) and that is why i didnt get any... i blame adrenaline... now that i've got that out of my system though, im ready for this weekend and some honkers is gunna die.
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum