rollin field

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

rollin field

Postby quackhunter3 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:27 am

next week ill be hunting in a corn field that rolls i was wondering should i set up on the highest point or in the bottom
quackhunter3
hunter

Postby NickCies80 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:32 am

I would set up on a high point. Have some decoys that look like are walking up the hill towards the main flock on top of the hill.
NEED SLEEP!
NickCies80
State Moderator

Postby Boomn4x4 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:37 pm

It's ok to setup on the high point, but DO NOT put your blind on a high point. When you put your blind on a peak it makes your profile stick out. You will want to be high enough to have good visibility, but low enough that your silloutte is blended in with the terrain
I love my job, it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
Boomn4x4
Membership permanently suspended

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:54 am

:withstupid:

I am in the mountains hunting residents. I hunt low areas as long as we can be visible so we can hide better. Some times we hunt the peaks so the dekes can be visible but them we have to hide on the slope where they will fly in at.
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." my motto

There is nothing better than hunting with friends and then crackin' a couple of cold ones afterwards.
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby REM1100 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:28 am

Did you ever notice that when scouting most of the birds are in halfway near the top part of the hidden side of the slope and a few sentries heads near the top...then set up half way up the slope with the dekes the same way and the blinds set so..you can see .. not profiled and hopefully have the sun at your back ith the right wind directions..put a few sentries as range visibility markers near the top of the slope with only the heads visibilbe from the road.
REM1100
Provincial Moderator

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum