duck/goose equipment cart

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

duck/goose equipment cart

Postby sarghunter » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:32 pm

looking for info on equpiment carts to move decoys in and out of the field, cannot be motorized,,, any help would be appreciated
sarghunter
hunter

Postby fowlhunter » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:38 pm

Cabela's has some nice ones you might check there. You can't pile as much stuff on there as you might think though.
"It's better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you're not"
Van Zandt
fowlhunter
Forum Moderator

Postby sarghunter » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:30 pm

Thanks Fowl i have been looking at them but your right the way it is set up it doesn't look like it will handle a high stack of decoys ???
sarghunter
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:27 pm

If you're looking to move alot of dekes, maybe you could get a discarded dolly and modify it.........I wanted a 'dolly' for moving around a coffin box, and made a few mods to a golf cart I picked up at the transfer station....took an hour and materials I had around the barn......have used it for field hunting, but it wobbles a bit under a heavy load and in ruts. I am sure with larger tires I would be fine.....just a couple of ideas (I hate to spend $ when it's easy to make as a functional tool)
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby hdgfootball72 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:24 pm

I just use a garden cart the bigger ones easy to use and not to pricy. All you have to do is throw a piece of camo over it. And it blend right in.
Season Total
Mallards-6
Geese-20
Blue Bills-4
hdgfootball72
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:38 pm

I've posted about it before, but I have one that is built for hauling dekes, layout blinds and/or my layout boat. It is very long so I can wheel my boat, but it could be shorter (approx 10ft). Has a simple axle and wheelchair wheels/tires mounted on it. The thought was the more narrow the tire, the easier it cuts through mud if it sinks. Bars welded up to two handles, with crossbars and eyelets (for ratchet straps) welded in. Bottom is flat like a dolly to hold stuff in.

Works better than any cart commercially made IMO. I'm planning on making a quick change wheel setup, so I can go with fat rubber wheels on harder ground, but the wheelchair wheels work fine.

Steel is higher now, but bet you could make one for much less than the Cabelas cart...
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby PA Bird Man » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:33 pm

I know you can't have a motorized one, but this is what we are using. Just thought I'd share. Custom front/roof/rear foldable cargo racks. Now it just needs camo, and nobbys for the rear.

[img][img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c250/mjc92amc/IMGP0650.jpg[/img][/img]
PA Bird Man
hunter

Postby mmalino » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:37 pm

haha, that cart is awesome :salude: :salude:
Team Rainmakers
"We supply eBay with the bands you buy"

Go White Sox!!...hell with baseball its football season
mmalino
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum