finding these birds

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

finding these birds

Postby caliduckslayer » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:46 am

i been hunting on public refuges in ca mostly mendota. i been scouting like crazy everytime i go out and just cant seem to find any geese. i shoot plenty of ducks and i can find them but any tips on how to find them or what types of areas these geese like to be at ex. open grass land, potholes, deep waters, etc. im not looking for anyones x but just tips on how to find one of my own.
caliduckslayer
hunter

Re: finding these birds

Postby zachk908 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:08 am

I dunno about ca but here in IN we find them out of the wind that's a big thing when I'm scouting
zachk908
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:29 am

Try to catch them coming off the lake and follow them.........
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby caliduckslayer » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:23 am

ya its not too windy down here 5 mph lil more. imma go out this wed again try to see if I can find anything since I got a res. But there is no lake just a river that runs through it and havent seen any out there prob because of all all the hunters on there boats.
caliduckslayer
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Right now in my area they are in the black fields and you won't see them without a pair of binoculars. I drove around for an hr last night and as I was watching the flock I saw geese get up a couple miles away of a field I had circled twice............ :huh: :huh:
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby caliduckslayer » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:28 pm

I ended up finding a spot that might produce for me next time unfortunetly these guys beat me there and ended up pullin out 7honkers so next hunt hopefully but still oon the look out for a better one
caliduckslayer
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum