Help please

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Help please

Postby quackattacknoob » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm new to the waterfowl hunting and try and hunt more geese then ducks. Is it me or have they not migrated in the numbers like they did last year? I don't have many ponds to hunt plus they are now frozen. It seems like I get in a fields they have been using but can't even get a look from them when they fly over.
quackattacknoob
hunter

Re: Help please

Postby 23yearsago » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:56 pm

WHY it's called hunting,, not killing. But really,, if you're seeing geese in a field FEEDING and you hunt that field within 24hrs and can't get a look ?? something seems out of place with your hide or spread......or possibly the geese you're seeing have been hunted real hard along their migration,, they're not as stupid as some believe.
A couple hunts like that and I'm looking elsewhere, if you don't have the decoy numbers to fool those wary ones, you need to find new birds. Very frustrating. :mad:
23yearsago
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:53 pm

Try using 3 full body decoys and staying well hidden, AND don't try to sound like a bunch of geese when u call, Sometimes less is more
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby quackattacknoob » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Thanks guys. Just haven't figured out any way pattern with these birds. At least with deer you can figure them out. I just wonder if the birds haven't quite made it to Kansas yet.
quackattacknoob
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum