Tryed it out

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Tryed it out

Postby ARduckboy24 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 pm

Me and my friend talked my dad into taking us out goose hunting finnaly. This is how it went. We had troubles getting decoys into the field so instead of around 23 snows and 25 specks we had probaly 16 specks and 3 snows. We had a field found on public land where geese fly over consatnly. Yet its right next to a huge sanctuary. We thought we could kill a few birds still though. I was the only one calling and had a speck call. I'm still not very good with it but had birds look at us multiple times. We had multiple singles and pairs of snows and specks look and circle then leave. Me and my friend were well concealed in standing rice and my dad was a long ways off hiding on a levee. Theres a corner that had geese flying over it almost all morning and its were we had orgianlly planned on going but do to diffculty of moving decoys and someone else pulling at last moment to go get that spot we hunted closer to the truck. Would it be worth finding a way to get to that corner? We walked to a spot on the other side of the ditch from it the next morning and had birds do the samething as the first moring except we had no decoys. If anybody has any tips for Arkansas specks please help out. I'm really wanting to kill a good one to have mounted.
if it flies it dies........if it sits it dies to
Central Arkansas: ducks, geese, deer, dove, and coyote. Northern Arkansas: turkery,ducks, deer, dove, and coyotes. Kansas:turkey, coyote, deer, phesant(not yet but will soon), duck and geese.
ARduckboy24
hunter

Re: Tryed it out

Postby BBK » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:44 pm

You are never going to call them off a refuge with 20 decoys. Best bet is to put the hevi-shot in and pass shoot them in that corner.
BBK
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum