Winter wheat

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Winter wheat

Postby timn » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:59 pm

With all the geese hitting wheat I have really never figured out how to hunt it. They avoid the fence lines or any cover that may exist. I have had very little luck just surrounding my blinds with full bodies any suggestions?
timn
hunter

Re: Winter wheat

Postby cluckmeister » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Don't know where you hunt but here in Kansas you can see Canadas feeding anywhere in a wheat field. Driving around I see them feeding in the middle, at the edge by hedge rows, in the corners of a field, they feed anywhere they want. We hunted our favorite private 160 acre wheat field last weekend and shot the heck out of them in the corner of the field. We scouted it the evening before and there was poop every where in the corner. Took us by complete surprise. When it comes to Canada geese nothing makes sense and there are no rules to where they might feed.
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Re: Winter wheat

Postby dduckman » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:52 pm

We kill them in wheat often, usually next to a fence row or some cover, if none is available we use goose chairs. super magnum shells over your chest works as well, just not very comfy!
dduckman
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum