Duck Hunting Forum banner

Bowhunting Geese...Any Tips??

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  B.E.Nelli 
#1 ·
So we got permission to hunt a pretty big corn and bean field that has been packed with geese all week. Only problem is, its in city limits. So, in Heartland Bowhunter fashion, we are gonna try our luck at sticking a few with an arrow.

Has anyone done this before, and have any advice? We plan on setting up in an island of trees closest to where they have been landing. We will sit on the ground and build a little brush blind. Probably will alternate shooters and have one person ranging.

#5 ·
I have done it quite a few times here in Illinois. It is a blast. I have shot them from air and from off the ground. There is a higher killer percentage if your on the ground. We haven't lost any yet but we did have to chase a lot down. If you are going to shoot them off the ground, it ruins any pictures but get a guillotine broad head. Instant kill on them. Chops the head clean off.

#6 ·
Haha, I have always wanted to try the guillotine on a turkey too. I doubt I will buy any for this round, just cause I have a bunch of old once used broadheads. I figure of they are a little dull that will cut down on the penetration and put more kinetic energy into them. And I definitely plan on waiting for them to land, I don't wanna lose all of my arrows. Haha

Where is a good spot to aim, same as a turkey? Hit em high watch die, hit em low watch em go? I assume their vitals are on the same place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.