coyote goose eater

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

coyote goose eater

Postby coyote1 » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:33 pm

What a great site. I just joined today. Awsome insight. I hope I am not out of place I thought I would share a little tail. In OCT /03 my buddy Tom and I were field goose hunting east of the twin cities metro. There is a small pot hole with tall grass out around it about 1/4 of a mile down the field. 8 a.m. bright and sunny , we saw a coyote come running out of there with a goose in his mouth. and off into the woods. Our 223's missed him 3 months later .To bad for us. if anyone has some yote they want to get rid of give me a holler. Good luck huntin,and thanks.
coyote1
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:13 pm

That's a rare site!

Looks like the yote got his limit that day.
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby Duckhunter16 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:08 pm

Yeah acually I read/saw a pitcher of that happening in this book I bought a couple of years ago.
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Postby MinnDuck » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:34 am

That happened to us 4 days ago, we heard tons of yotes yipping in the brush while we were setting up out dekes in the morning, We have shot yotes for this farmer before the last couple of winters so we know there are a bunch in the area. One goose we shot sailed into the woods a behind where we were set up. We let it lay out there because there were flock every where. So about 1/2 hour later my buddy went to go get the bird and there was just a huge pile of feathers. It had to have been the yotes. We could not see because it was on the other side of the hill from us.
MinnDuck
hunter

Re: coyote goose eater

Postby hooked on quack » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:09 pm

what kind of geese are you guys talking about that the yotes get
when im not hunting my life is being wasted
hooked on quack
hunter

Attack Decoys

Postby Brett » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:23 pm

I s*** you not we had two coyotes attack my BRAND NEW bigfoot decoys but it was the last thing they tried we off'em both at about 15 yards the sweetest thing i have ever seen!!!

Edited for language my moderator
Brett
Newb

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:28 pm

A couple years ago I was spring snow goose hunting and one came running up to the spread out of shotgun range. I didn't really care and fired 3 shots at it while it was running away.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:01 pm

YA ive had kind of the same thing happen to me. We were out hunting and we had a group of 60-70 snows above us so we were calling and the snows were just circling us and they just would not come in. So finally they left and we quit calling then my buddy said WOW! like he was suprised and i looked over and there was a coyote about 15 yrds from him and he was sneaking up on us thinking he was going to grab one of our decoys for a meal. But when my buddy yelled the coyote ran off. It was cool to see that coyote up that close but then again it would have been cool to soot a few snows then also.
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby John O`Neal » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:58 pm

This bad boy was pulling a sneak on the decoys and was oblivious to our presence . He must have been real hungry to venture out onto the ice like he did . Kansas river hunt .
JOHN O`NEAL
John O`Neal
hunter

Postby bandchaser » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 pm

We shot at 2 coyotes today while scouting, they were putting the sneak on a flock sleeping on the bank. I still have mixed feelings about saving a goose's life. haha.
bandchaser
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:52 am

Year ago we had a goose sail off, It was heading towards a woods.Goose fell dead before it got there and out of that small patch of woods a Fox ran out and grabbed it. Dam, here i go a running and into the woods just a swearing at him. It must of been enough to scare that egg eating bastard he dropped it and hit the afterburners and got out of there.
Attachments
TK.jpg
Is this pretty or not..... HAMMER TIME
TK.jpg (42.7 KiB) Viewed 784 times
War Wagon
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum