Stalking with archery equipment.

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Stalking with archery equipment.

Postby gahunter » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:04 am

I have tried to get a goose with my bow the last 2 evenings. It hasn't worked so well. About 40 have been feeding in the pasture in front of my parents house. It has been tough to get close enough to them. I lost an arrow yesterday, when 4 of them broke off and flew over me. It would have been a piece of cake with the old 12 gauge, but I was a little behind with my stick and string. Hopefully they will be somewhere a little more stalkable in the next couple of days.
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:40 pm

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby bubba1 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:43 pm

I tried it twice last week. Behind my house is about a 8 acre field they sometimes land in, in the morning. But it's in the Village limits so I cann't shoot, however I asked the police and they said I could shoot my bow. So I put out my decoys and ground blind. Got them to land, sat up and pulled back quickly, but couldn't hit them. In the air by the time I was ready. Neighbor laughed his head off at me. But I was hunting and that's what matters.

Good luck.
bubba1
hunter

Postby No bite » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:40 pm

Ya gotta catch them with there feet down and breast at ya. That's a big target but you still gotta pick a spot.Use a regular broadhead not a flu flu, reg. feathers and a scorpio( found in 3Rivers Archery Catalogue) behind the broadhead. The scorpio keeps the arrow from passing through the goose. Knocks em dead, but you will probably have to chase em. Ton's of fun. They are too quick to try to shoot them after they land. :thumbsup: Misses are the norm still. Good luck and good hunting.
Ever see a flock of coots fly south? Neither have I.
No bite
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum