Morning goose hunt

Canadas and Specks (Whitefronts). A place to discuss Canada goose hunting tips, tactics, and reports.

Moderators: Skyblaster7, Cupped-n-Committed, smitty2640

Morning goose hunt

Postby take EM' close » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:09 pm

Well....this morning was way beyond excellent!! Anyway....I got out there about 5:45 and packed all my crap out there.....that sucked! I got all my shells and what not put together and all my fullbodies (broke one of my footbases on my GHGs!! :pissed: ) and my blind and all that. Wind was coming outa the NW. The first bunch came from the NW and kinda worked me but wasn't too interested and kept on going. There was about 5 or 6 more bunches that flew over but had no interest. Finally there was 4 coming right on the deck. I started double clucking, cluck and moan, all the fun stuff and all 4 of them locked right up. They glided to about 10 yards to my right with their landing gear all out and stretched. I jumped up....BAM BAM BAM..tripple. Then the loner about landed with the last one I killed but he came back around RIGHT over the blind. I was scrambling to get a shell and finally did and BAM...down he went. Four easy geese right there. As the morning went on....about 15 mins :mrgreen: ....there were a few bunches flying here and there but they were North of my setup. I didn't even attempt to try calling them over because they knew where they wanted to go. Anyway....all was quiet until I heard 1 honk....looked up and here comes a pair. Gave some fast clucks and then just quieted right down. They were about in range and I hit the cluck and moan and they locked right up and damn there landed in the blind with me. BAM....got my last one. So this morning I went 5 FOR 5!!!! It was awesome and it was also the FIRST TIME I'VE EVER LIMITED OUT ON GEESE!!!! Got close last year with 4 but that was it. The first geese started flying at 7:04 and I was done by 7:38. Just over 35 mins!! It was the fastest and BEST hunt I've been on yet!!!!
Tomorrow morning I found a field where there is about 100 or so sitting on it. Today was the youth day so I can't hunt it but I'm going to go take my 6 fullbodies and get some pictures of geese and cranes coming in.

Here are the pics of this morning....I'll post up the ones of tomorrow morning sometime tomorrow afternoon.

No other site like honkers floating into you're decoys!
take EM' close
hunter

Postby diver-hunter » Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:25 am

sweet :getdown:
diver-hunter
hunter

Postby RedTx » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:43 am

Nice hunt :thumbsup:
Do you believe in the MEAN GREEN
RedTx
State Moderator

Postby on duck call » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:21 pm

Great job! I also had a great hunt with 7 birds. Its worth dragging the GHG deks!
on duck call
hunter

Postby goosehunter2118 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:01 am

Any of them weigh 17 lbs. :laughing: I hope you know what I meant by that. Nice shooting.
When the guns go up the geese come down.
goosehunter2118
hunter

Return to Canada Goose Hunting Forum