Duck Dressing

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Duck Dressing

Postby du_uga11 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:39 am

Tried Duck Commanders Duck Dressing Recipe. Give it a go! Goooooddddddd Eats!

"And they wonder why we do it."

Ingredients
5-6 ducks (I used 4 Wood Ducks)
salt
black pepper
bay leaf
hot dog buns
2 bundles of green onions
1 bell pepper
2 sticks of celery
1 stick of butter
corn bread
1 pkg. of saltine crackers
2 eggs
1/2 cup evaporated milk
sage

Instructions
Place 5 to 6 cleaned ducks into a large pot. Then add salt, black pepper, one bay leaf, and fill pot with water. Boil for 2-1/2 hours.
Bake one package of hotdog buns for 2 hours at 225 degrees.
Dice up 2 bundles of green onions, 1 bell pepper, and 2 sticks of celery. With a 1/2 a stick of butter sauté your vegetables on a medium-low heat.
Make one big pan of corn bread (Phil makes his own, but you can use a mix).
After your cornbread and hotdog buns are done, take a very large roast pot and dump your buns, cornbread, and one rack of saltine crackers into the pot. With your hands crumble all the bread ingredients into a fine consistency.
When your ducks are done boiling, remove them from the pot and pour 1/3 of your broth into your crumbled bread mix.
Stir until you have reached a paste consistency. Add your vegetables.
Add broth until you get a thick pour-able consistency.
Add 2 whipped eggs, and 1/2 a cup of evaporated milk to your dressing mix and stir.
Add one teaspoon of sage.
Now place your ducks lightly on top of your dressing. Sprinkle Phil Robertson's seasoning on top of your ducks. Lightly coat your ducks with butter.
Bake duck and dressing in the oven at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Attachments
duckdressing.jpg
O God, Thy Sea Is So Big, and My Boat So Small
du_uga11
hunter

Re: Duck Dressing

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:07 pm

Yep...I've cooked it myself. Definitely good eats!! :thumbsup:

I rather pull the meat off the bone and mix it in with the dressing...but it's good either way!! :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Re: Duck Dressing

Postby lameduck » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:05 am

I boil it in a pot with a lot of season-all. Sounds simple but that is it, I also make some potatoes, and corn, or whatever. Most of the ducks get turned into dog food, my wife hates duck and I cannot eat it at the rate I kill them. For the dogs I get every last bit of meat off the duck, boil it, and serve over dog food. They love it, and hey a dogs got to eat too! I have two labs and a pound lab mix so it goes to a good cause, plus one of the two labs retrieves the duck and that is half the work.
lameduck
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking