Dinner Help

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Dinner Help

Postby Illinois-Ducker » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:54 pm

Ok, so im dating a girl who is from the chicago area of glenn elynn. She thinks its totally cool that im a hunter and really wants to try some duck meat. The problem is that she has tried some wild game before and complained about the game taste. How would you guys suggest i cook up a duck so that it hooks her on duck. Personally for me, i put some cajun spices on it and throw that puppy on the grill.............. Any help?
Illinois-Ducker
State Moderator

milk

Postby .#DraKE » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:28 am

put the breasts in some milk over night, it should get rid of the game taste, works for me anyways, then marinade how you like.
Cupped and Committed
.#DraKE
hunter

Re: milk

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:19 am

.#DraKE wrote:put the breasts in some milk over night, it should get rid of the game taste, works for me anyways, then marinade how you like.

Yeah, i heard somethin bout puttin them in coke for a few hours. Can you do this after it has been frozen?

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby .#DraKE » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:04 am

definetly, we usually freeze all our birds till we have our big feast at years end.
Cupped and Committed
.#DraKE
hunter

Postby MacAttack » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:23 pm

This was in a monthly email I get from DU, girls like salad, so I saved in for those special moments :cool: . Anyways here it is.....

When we cook duck, it usually lands on the dinner table. This recipe uses marinated duck to make a great salad that can be served for lunch or dinner. Start with one skinless duck breast half per person. Marinate in your favorite vinaigrette, prepared salad dressing works fine, for 1 – 3 hours. Grill or pan-sear until medium-rare and let rest a few minutes before slicing. Allowing the meat to rest before slicing keeps the juices from running out onto your salad.
4 servings

4 large duck breast halves, skin removed
2 cups prepared vinaigrette or Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped (or substitute fresh parsley)
4 large handfuls cleaned and washed spinach leaves
1/2 medium red onion, sliced into thin rings
1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
Place duck breasts in a bowl and toss with some of the vinaigrette. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours. Remove duck breasts from marinade and broil, grill or pan-sear until medium-rare. Allow to rest for several minutes before slicing thinly across the grain. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and toss with enough dressing to lightly coat contents of bowl. Mound salad on plates and top with sliced duck and blue cheese. Drizzle additional dressing over duck and serve.
MacAttack
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking