any recipes for people who dont like duck???

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

any recipes for people who dont like duck???

Postby guide_comander » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:36 pm

i need help.. im staying with people and they never had duck but they dont like the sound of eating it how can i prepair a dinner. they might like
guide_comander
hunter

Re: any recipes for people who dont like duck???

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:54 pm

Duck kabobs... :thumbsup:

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=107495

Go here and use ducks instead of goose, and if the birds are small like teal or widgeons...cut bacon into 1/3rds instead of in half.... :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby TRF97 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:26 pm

I just cooked up some wood duck last night and basically butterflied the breasts and let them soak overnight in italian dressing. Take a 1/4 inch sliver of cream cheese and place in the middle of the butterflied breast. Now on the outside place a pepper of some sorts (I used a red bell pepper but other types work just as well). Next, wrap in bacon and cook on the grill. It's all done when the bacon looks done.

My wife said that if she didn't know that it was duck she would think that it was a really good piece of steak.

I got the idea from another post on here and I must say that it is awesome!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
13' Gheenoe
You only live once...so make the best of it!!!
TRF97
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:01 pm

Are they divers or puddle ducks? Gumbo is a great way to cook divers.

For puddle ducks, if its a big duck, I'll cut the breast long ways, to make two long thin pieces of breast. If its teal, skip this step. I'll then de-seed and quarter/half a jalapeno. Wrap the breast around the jalapeno. Wrap a piece of bacon around the duck. Put your favorite seasoning on it and grill it. Just cook it until the bacon is done and jalapeno is soft. Duck is best served Medium, otherwise it gets dried out.

My landlord never had eaten duck, I cooked it this way and I had to take the plate away from him before he ate them all.

You can do the same thing with diver ducks, and it tastes fine, but sometimes you'll get a gamy bite.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby guide_comander » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:17 am

i heard the Jalapeño and bacon is good. what about if you deep fry them??? some one tolld me you need to cook them really hot. or they will be real greasy
guide_comander
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:13 am

guide_comander wrote:i heard the Jalapeño and bacon is good. what about if you deep fry them??? some one tolld me you need to cook them really hot. or they will be real greasy

Yeah, its a dark meat so if you're not careful it can get really greasy. I've made duck and goose fingers before,breaded and fried them, but still prefer the bacon jalapeno wraps. You can do a variation on a theme and do duck kabobs as inda said.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby guide_comander » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:48 pm

what if i dont have a BBQ just moved and had to get rid of alot. can i still wrap them and maybe just fry them in a pan?? if so would i use oil or no?
guide_comander
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:12 pm

You might be able to cook them in the oven. It won't get the smoke flavor, but would probably work better than a frying pan. Other than that, build a fire in the yard and put an oven rack over the coals.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby guide_comander » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:32 pm

hmmm that might work. i have a fire pit. so do i leave the duck in a breast or do i cut it in finger steaks???? is there any recipes for like a spicy duck meal or a chinesse meal or somthing??? what would be good with the BBQ duck
guide_comander
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:34 am

I cut the breast long ways. Almost like you would butterfly it, but all the way through.

I normally serve these guys with other BBQ. Either an appetizer for ribs or burgers or something.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking