wrap in bacon?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

wrap in bacon?

Postby Claym325 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:47 pm

when yall talk about wrapping a breast in bacon do you mean just around the edge like a filet, or wrap the entire thing with bacon?
Claym325
hunter

Re: wrap in bacon?

Postby aggiechiro » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:37 pm

i cant speak for anyone else, but when i do it: i slice the breast into 2-5 pieces depending on size, put the pepper on it, then fully encircle that in bacon. i aim for the idea that after it cooks down you have a bite to 2 bite sized morsel which is covered in bacon.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:44 am

Wrap the bacon all the way around :yes:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby 940AC » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:37 pm

Agreed. Wrap it all the way!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
940AC
hunter

Postby Claym325 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:34 pm

cooked it last night the way most reccomend, marinated, then butterflied and stuffed with jalapeno and cream cheese, closed and wrapped completely in bacon an mmmmmmmmm!!! man it was good! cooked it on the Big Green Egg to so it was that much better, thanks guys!
Claym325
hunter

Postby sixXgun » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:47 pm

yah cut the breast into smaller pieces and throw some jalapano in with it and stab a toothpick threw the whole thing. thow it on the grill and enjoy....best duck guarantee ya.
sixXgun
hunter

Postby silverbullet32 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:05 pm

i cut my breasts up into 1"x1" chunks and cook them in bacon grease, then wrap them in bacon
"Ain't nothin better, than duck huntin weather"

Teal- 8
Wigeon- 2
silverbullet32
hunter

Postby texan68 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:41 pm

Let the duck breast soak for 1-2 days in teriyaki sauce, then cut the breast in small chunks. Get a tooth pick and put one chunk on, then a slice of onion, then another chunk, then another onion slice. Wrap a whole, or half slice of bacon around it all using the tooth pick to secure. Grill to rare or medium rare and enjoy.
Leave it better than you found it. Pick up your empties.
texan68
hunter

Postby benelliart » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:43 pm

It's a very easy recipe. Take breast and soak in heavy salt water overnight.in fridge

Then soak in fresh water for a couple days (changing the water regularly).

Use a knife to cut a pocket in the breast and shove some sliced jalapenios in the pocket you cut.add cream cheese also if you like.

Use you favorite spices.....I like garlic pepper, Montreal steak seasoning, and cajun seasoning. Put on a little or as much as you prefer.

Then wrap in bacon and pin with a tooth pick or small metal pin.

I Bar-ba-que them hot, and when the bacon is done, the duck breasts are ready to eat. It is important that you do not over cook these guys. I like them pretty rare.This one is done Med for wife. ENJOY!

Team Stinky Duck
benelliart
hunter

Postby daffy... » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:54 am

no need to soak in anything. if you dont want the taste of duck marinade in teriaki. if you cut them into small piece your going to loss mosture (tenderness).

take the breast. salt and pepper it. like a hockey stick wrap bacon from one end to the other. toothpicking at the end. (if you want to impress a girl. get procutio and do the same, just more classy and donesnt need toothpicks to hold on the wrapping). lather in oil. get a pan or grill HOT and sear the bacon til done. i like a internal temp of 135 med rare

on smaller birds like woodys and teal i shingle two of the breast first so itd look like this (breast/ breast) over lapping the thin side of the breast

dont forget to drizzle with balsamic reduction!

-certified chef
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby Smokin' Gun » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:07 pm

I wanted to thank all you people on this forum. This is the first year I have duck hunted, I am 40 years old and mad as hell that I havent started hunting ducks before this! I hunt about everything else and clean and eat all of it along with my family. I have never eaten duck until this year and when I read this recipe on the bacon, jalapeno and cream cheese, had to try it. The best food I have ever eatin right there! Thanks for the best recipe I have ever had in my life!
Smokin' Gun
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Smokin' Gun wrote:I wanted to thank all you people on this forum. This is the first year I have duck hunted, I am 40 years old and mad as hell that I havent started hunting ducks before this! I hunt about everything else and clean and eat all of it along with my family. I have never eaten duck until this year and when I read this recipe on the bacon, jalapeno and cream cheese, had to try it. The best food I have ever eatin right there! Thanks for the best recipe I have ever had in my life!
I love Teal stuffed with a Tangerine,..wrapped in bacon, smoked......Image.
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby daffy... » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:33 pm

hell why not stuff a goose breast with a duck breast.. kinda like turducken
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby TNmatt83 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:38 pm

I cut the breast into 1x1 inch pieces and marinate it in terriyaki sauce for at least a day. then take either a jalapeno or sweet pepper and slice it and remove the seeds leaving just the outside of the pepper, then fill the pepper with cream cheese, place it on the duck and wrap it all in bacon, stick a toothpick through it and grill till bacon is cooked... Or do cut the duck into squares and marinate in Dale's for a couple days then wrap in bacon and then put barbeque sauce on it and grill it. Either way its dang good :thumbsup:
Any day that starts with a cold boat ride is a good one
TNmatt83
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Bacon is the great equalizer. No matter what it is, wrap it in bacon and someone will eat it.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby joshco84 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:23 pm

you can wrap bacon around dog turds and they are edible. It makes everything good.
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
joshco84
Leg Humper

Postby jehler » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 am

joshco84 wrote:you can wrap bacon around dog turds and they are edible. It makes everything good.

You ever had a redneck supreme? you take a hotdog, slit it lengthwise, fill the slit with chedder cheese and jalepenos, wrap in bacon, drop it in the deep fryer until the cheese starts to ooze then bun it and cover with chili. That is some food you need to be extremely intoxicated to eat, best at camping parties, always regret eating it :thumbsup:
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby joshco84 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:45 am

i have had a variation of that jehler, but not deep fried, that could only make it better.

We slit em and put in cheese, wrap in bacon and cook in the oven. It is quite good as well.
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
joshco84
Leg Humper

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking