goose parmesan - EZ and excellent

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

goose parmesan - EZ and excellent

Postby Dux-R-Us » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:05 am

Slice Canada goose breast across grain into 1/4 in. strips.

Dip in beaten egg then cover with 1:1 mixture of freshly grated parmesan: bread crumbs,

Cook on skillet 2-3 minutes per side on butter or butter/olive oil.

Do not over cook. Meat should be red to pink inside.

Serve over green spinach fettucini and red sauce. Salt and pepper to taste

Beverage: a nice merlot or old vine zinfandel.

I have found hanging birds up to 3-5 days (depending on temperature, never let temp exceed 45F ) greatly improves texture and flavour. Plus it allows all blood to drain from birds.
"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Dux-R-Us
hunter

Re: goose parmesan - EZ and excellent

Postby agengo02 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:30 am

This sounds good! Happen to have any pictures? Also got any ingredients for the red sauce or do you just use your favorite tomato sauce? How hot is the pan?
agengo02
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:04 pm

agengo02 wrote:This sounds good! Happen to have any pictures? Also got any ingredients for the red sauce or do you just use your favorite tomato sauce? How hot is the pan?

I got an Italian last name-3rd generation..and I have an old family recipe for red marinara sauce in parmesan...I'll look around and post it up when I find it...the recipe is 128 years old and very good... :thumbsup:

We make it with duck and goose...I also have a duck or goose tenderloin marsala that is outstanding!! Simply to die for!!
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=88652
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby daffy... » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:10 pm

you could also pound out the breast to this thickness. i prefur pounding out than cuting. youll get a melt in your mouth effect cus your tenderizing the "grain"

try panko breading crumb. it should be in your asian,japan,china section of your grocery store. then add fresh tyme to the bread crumb to give it a itialan flavor profile

i use this in all of my breading applications. its crispier and stays crisp.

as for sauce i like a vodka sauce to go with it. glad you mention this. i think it would be great for sea duck

-certified chef
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby manitobawoj » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:15 pm

Sounds great!
Inda, I would love to have that recipe. If it were up to my wife we would be eating Italian food every night.
manitobawoj
hunter

Postby joshco84 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:29 pm

daffy... wrote:you could also pound out the breast to this thickness. i prefur pounding out than cuting. youll get a melt in your mouth effect cus your tenderizing the "grain"

try panko breading crumb. it should be in your asian,japan,china section of your grocery store. then add fresh tyme to the bread crumb to give it a itialan flavor profile

i use this in all of my breading applications. its crispier and stays crisp.

as for sauce i like a vodka sauce to go with it. glad you mention this. i think it would be great for sea duck

-certified chef

Panko bread crumbs are awesome for everything
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
joshco84
Leg Humper

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 am

manitobawoj wrote:Sounds great!
Inda, I would love to have that recipe. If it were up to my wife we would be eating Italian food every night.

Manitobawoj, I have been trying to locate the old family recipe but I can't find the damn thing!! :mad: I'm sure it'll show up sooner or later though..I've got my mom looking for it at her house too...until then-here's a very good one that I have personally used in it's place. It's very close to the family recipe...It's GOOD! get's my stamp of approval!! :thumbsup:

Only real difference is the addition of some thyme to the family recipe....If I remember correctly off the top of my head.... :huh:

http://www.jfolse.com/recipes/stocks_sauces/stock_sauce19.htm
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking