Daffy...

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Re: Daffy...

Postby whistlin_wings » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:20 pm

That's exactly what it is, and a lot less work than crabs but just as messy.
Attachments
crawfish_3.jpg
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:46 pm

where are the
"Pinch my tail,
Suck my head,
Eat my meat!" T-shirts??? :huh:
In louisiana SOMEONE usually has one on at a crawfish boil...it is the premiere crawfish boil eatin shirt!! :yes: :hi:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby agengo02 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:05 pm

In Texas we know what to do! We don't need instructions... :yes:
agengo02
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:40 pm

No we don't although I did have to explain to a few Dallas people what they were and how you ate them. Best is when you tell a girl she needs to swallow the juice when she sucks on the head. I'll make sure to post more pictures after this boil in April since these are all I got.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby whistlin_wings » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Hey agengo how is Larry's? Going down to Groves this weekend and it's supposed to be the best.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby whistlin_wings » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:32 am

Well it's crawfish season again, been looking forward to it since duck season ended. Doing 120 pounds tomorrow so wish me luck.

Inda-what type of sausage do you use when you do yours? I'll throw in some regular smoked sausage from the store or do you recommend something else?

Also, anyone ever tried wrapping them up in a ziploc bag to hold in the flavor? Was watching man vs food the other day and the place he was at puts a scoop in a bag and serves it that way. Supposedly helps intensify the flavor and keeps them warm.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:22 pm

whistlin_wings wrote:Well it's crawfish season again, been looking forward to it since duck season ended. Doing 120 pounds tomorrow so wish me luck.

Inda-what type of sausage do you use when you do yours? I'll throw in some regular smoked sausage from the store or do you recommend something else?

Also, anyone ever tried wrapping them up in a ziploc bag to hold in the flavor? Was watching man vs food the other day and the place he was at puts a scoop in a bag and serves it that way. Supposedly helps intensify the flavor and keeps them warm.

some people boil with sausage, we don't. but I like chaurice sausage in a boil if you can find it...never heard of the ziplock bag...they are usually eaten so fast that they stay hot...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby whistlin_wings » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Well it's crawfish season again, been looking forward to it since duck season ended. Doing 120 pounds tomorrow so wish me luck.

some people boil with sausage, we don't. but I like chaurice sausage in a boil if you can find it...never heard of the ziplock bag...they are usually eaten so fast that they stay hot...

We typically throw sausage in to appease the people that don't like crawfish (yes they really exist). We have the same issue, once they're done either thrown in an ice chest or straight to the table and thrown on it. I guess it was more or a way to help intesify the heat. It was some asian guy who took cajun recipes and threw in his asian spices so chances are it's some some spicy *** stuff
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby joshco84 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:02 pm

here in wichita, we get boil pots at a resteraunt with crawfish, crab clusters, andouille sausage, baby red potatoes and pearl onions.

the crawfish and andouillie together are awesome to say the least, i love it.
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
joshco84
Leg Humper

Postby Cujo1 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:18 pm

I need to move!
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Previous

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking