Marinade For Duck

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Marinade For Duck

Postby backwoods10 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:01 pm

Marinade For Duck
I hear many people don't like the taste of duck. One way that I have found to change the flavor of the meat just a bit is to marinade the duck in orange juice. Just place the duck breast in a bag or glass bowl of orange juice. Never use a metal bowl because the acid of the juice will pull a flavor from the metal and transfer it into the meat and makes a weird flavor (my guess is that its not that good for you either). Then after marinading for a few hours take the breast out of the orange juice and proceed to cook your preferred way.

Hope you like it!
backwoods10
Newb

Re: Marinade For Duck

Postby daffy... » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:11 pm

i do this with divers. makes it taste like liver. mmm mmm, cook it up with onions and finish with balsamic reducs or black berry jelly.

something to remember when making your own marinades and brines. always have a acid. example orange juice, lemon,lime juice or even better vinegars: cider, rice, champain, red wine but just a dash will do.

as for the metal bowl. stainless steel is ok. aluminum, not ok.

-certified chef
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking