I call this......."Duck Diablo"

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

I call this......."Duck Diablo"

Postby ihuntducks » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 pm

First off you breast out your ducks and soak the breasts in salt water for a few hours. Then you change the water and do it again. I keep doing this until the water stays clear. This brines the breasts and takes all that nasty blood out of the breasts. I usually soak overnight.

The next step is to get the breasts out of the brine and into the marinade, for this I choose Bernstiens Italian dressing and marinade. I usually cut the breasts in half again if they are from big ducks. Then soak. Once again I usually soak overnight.

The next step is to get some Jalapeno peppers and some bacon. I cut the jalepeno peppers in half longways and remove the seeds and veins, this takes out most of the heat. Next I put the half jalepeno on the duck breast with the cut side inward and wrap with bacon, put a toothpick thru and you are done.

I cook these little mouthwatering jiblets on my barbeque until the bacon is crispy, then the duck is med rare to medium. Believe it or not the jalepeno is not even hot anymore but it adds a ton of great flavor. I love these hot off the grill but they are just as good the next day cold in the duck blind... Enjoy this recipe I have kept it my little secret for years...

I will be back soon with a duck jerky recipe that you are sure to love....
ihuntducks
State Moderator

Postby ihuntducks » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:32 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmm
Maybe I should read the rest of the posts before I add my two cents... And how did you guys already know about my secret recipe anyway......
ihuntducks
State Moderator

Postby 98ramtough » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:44 am

ihuntducks-- That seems to be a favorite around here. I have never tried it, I am anxious to try it though..
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby vwguy2004 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:58 am

i tried your recipe and wow. it was fantastic. i recomend this to everyone. it was great.

vwguy2004
vwguy2004
hunter

smoked variation

Postby canadagoose » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:56 pm

I've done something similar with cream cheese and honey, but without the duck, so let me offer this up as a variation.

Take a block of cream cheese, and add a couple tablespoons of honey to it to make it a little bit sweet. Fill the jalapeno half with that before you stick it to the duck and wrap it with bacon.

Then, instead of the bbq, put it in a smoker at about 250 F until the bacon is cooked.
canadagoose
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:15 pm

ive done it with quail be4 only what we do is take a quail breasts put a 2 slits in it and stuff some peppers in, then smoke em. Whoo hot.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby duck hunter cam » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:40 pm

gonna have give er a try this season comin up sounds good. :thumbsup: .
It's only sky busting if u miss.
duck hunter cam
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking