Sugar Free Marinade?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Sugar Free Marinade?

Postby Dustin07 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm trying that south beach diet.. and with success. 12lbs in just about 3+ weeks so I don't want to regress.

I have some snow goose steaks in the freezer and I'm thinking about cooking them or smoking them and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on a sugar free marinade for either?
Dustin07
hunter

Re: Sugar Free Marinade?

Postby rcdinaz » Sun May 02, 2010 2:14 pm

Walden's always has good stuff if you are looking to buy something:
http://www.waldenfarms.com/

If yo already have some recipes you like just substitute truvia or splenda for sugar, truvia is pretty much 1:1 and Splenda will have the ration on the box. Since you are doing SB and want to avoid carbs all together you can also use tomato sauce instead of catsup which has sugar for things like BBQ sauce. BBQ, Teriyaki, most marinades, and dry rubs should be a simple substitution for any sugar in them. It is also easy to use sugar free jam/jelly in sauces that call for fruit.
One of the greatest skills you can develop is the ability to ignore those that annoy you...
rcdinaz
hunter

Re: Sugar Free Marinade?

Postby Dustin07 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:39 am

thanks buddy, for some reason I was thinking no jellies... hadn't thought about a sugar free version, doh!

I'm going to check out walden farms now, thanks for the link!
Dustin07
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking