Buffalo Sauce?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Buffalo Sauce?

Postby duckhunter054 » Wed May 05, 2010 8:40 pm

Has anyone tried or has any recipes for duck or geese using buffalo sauce. It is pretty much my most favorite flavor and was thinking how it could be used with waterfowl. Any hints would be cool.
-Johnny
Season Totals 2009:
Geese: 2
Mallards:5
Teal:3
Wood Ducks:0
Ringnecks:0
Bufflehead:
Readheads:5
Wiegon:10
Ruffed Grouse: 0
duckhunter054
hunter

Re: Buffalo Sauce?

Postby daffy... » Wed May 05, 2010 9:28 pm

one of the greatest marinades ever is one part franks buff sauce and one part itialian dressing.

never tried it on duck or geese but i have on steak and chicken. also, i take all the "tenderlions" from when i breast the birds (there that little muscle/piece of meat closest to the rib cage that barely hangs onto the breast) seperate those and hold on to them. then i take all the "drum sticks." i bread the tenderlions in flour, buttermilk, clamfry < in that oder and fry em up til slightly crisp. then i pat the drumsticks dry and lightly roll them in flour. then fry til crisp. after both are cooked i toss in buff sauce and alittle bit of melted butter. then bake for a few minutes to lock in that buff-l-awesome-ness.

serv with celery, ranch dressing and blu cheese dressing

also this is great with MAINE blueberry BBQ sauce
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Thu May 06, 2010 11:28 pm

daffy... wrote:one of the greatest marinades ever is one part franks buff sauce and one part itialian dressing.

never tried it on duck or geese but i have on steak and chicken. also, i take all the "tenderlions" from when i breast the birds (there that little muscle/piece of meat closest to the rib cage that barely hangs onto the breast) seperate those and hold on to them. then i take all the "drum sticks." i bread the tenderlions in flour, buttermilk, clamfry < in that oder and fry em up til slightly crisp. then i pat the drumsticks dry and lightly roll them in flour. then fry til crisp. after both are cooked i toss in buff sauce and alittle bit of melted butter. then bake for a few minutes to lock in that buff-l-awesome-ness.

serv with celery, ranch dressing and blu cheese dressing

also this is great with MAINE blueberry BBQ sauce

I like making Duck or goose Tenderloin Marsala with 'em... :drool: especially when I have some fresh morrel mushrooms!!!
And I would like the MAINE Blueberry BBQ sauce...I'll trade you for my Blackberry BBQ sauce... :biggrin:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby captainduckhead » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:47 am

We put a bunch of Greenwing teal and a Wood ducks in a turkey fryer, let them all get nice a crispy, the We take them out and put them in a big tupperware tub of Buffalo wing sauce. Put the top on and shake the crap out of them, take 'em out put them on a platter next to a big bowl of Bleu Cheese and cut up celary. It makes a great app. for large gatherings. I think it would work with Buffleheads too but haven't tried it. Anything bigger than a wood duck, would make it less "chicken wingy" I think.
It's only worth it if you have a dozen or so teal or small ducks to do. Otherwise you end up with alot of preparation, and clean up for just a few ducks.
Mojo Mallards are gay
captainduckhead
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking