Smoked Waterfowl Chili

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Smoked Waterfowl Chili

Postby decoydog » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:16 pm

I make this on the day of super bowl to use up some ducks and geese I have left. I smoke the birds and then cut them into cubes. Since I don't want to put too much effort into the process, I use 2 packages of Ass kickin chili fixins, and you can buy these at any specialty store. Simply follow the steps using the smoked birds, and your on your way to some good chili. I do recommend that you take caution when adding the habenero chili seasoning though, as a little goes a long way. Using 2 of the chili fixins make a lot of chili, and i mean a lot. Once I make it, I will portion it out into 1 gallon freezer bags and put it all in the freezer for a couple of days. Then I will tranfer the frozen blocks of chili to vaccum seal bags where they will stay good in the freezer without getting burned. This has become one of my winter staples and with the amount this produces, I have enough to last me well into next season. For the best taste, I will let this huge pot of chile simmer for a very, very long time. It will allow the flavor from the smoked birds to fuse with the rest of the flavors.
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

Postby decoydog » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:26 pm

If you are going to attempt this, let me know and I will be happy to help you out with some variations or short cuts to the recipe that might work well for you. This recipe can be frustrating, but I will tell you this much, I have made many smoked waterfowl chili recipes from scratch but this by far is better than any that I have made.
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking