4th of july grill'n and chill'n!

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

4th of july grill'n and chill'n!

Postby daffy... » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:18 pm

to add to inda's post: thought id start a topic on ideas for everyones grill'n and chill'n this weekend, prehap family pasta salad recipe. oh and dont be afraid to post hunch punch/jungle juice recipes also :beer: though i could go on for days i think ill share one of my classics, sometimes forgotten, less important part of the meal...

grilled veggies:

take a aray of veggies. i usually do spanish onion, aspragus, green/red/yellow bell peppers, belgium endive (my favorite), portabello mushrooms, summer squash, zuccihni but almost any summer veggy will work.

cut all veggies to about finger size pieces. toss in extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, discard any extra oil to reduce chance of fiore.
over medium heat, place even layers of veggies over the grill. once veggies begin to soften and or grill marked on both sides remove from heat. roughly 5 minutes.
next drizzle your favorite balsamic vinegrette (vinegrette at room temp, so not to chill veg) over veggies, stir so that a light dressing coats the entire aray of veggies. veggies should be soft yet firm.

a great side dish for the ever famous, hot dogs, hamburgers, steak and bbq chicken!

happy 4th everyone :beer:
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Re: 4th of july grill'n and chill'n!

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:40 am

The "Horny Toad"

1 fifth Malibu Rum
1 fifth 100 proof Vodka
1 gallon lime sherbert (still frozen)
1 3liter 7up
pineapple snow cone syrup to taste-if you can't find that, use frozen pineapple concentrate (the little tubes they sell to make pineapple juice-you know, you add 2 quarts of water...)

Mix together and enjoy! :yes: (MY recipe-I expect full credit! :biggrin: )
It's a BIG hit with the ladies... :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking