duck blind recipes

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Re: duck blind recipes

Postby aggiechiro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:09 pm

NocEm wrote:We call this the "Whole Hog, Double Cluck"

Toasted onion Kaiser Roll
Sausage Patty
2 Slices Deli Ham
2 Fried Eggs, yolks broke
Melted Pepper Cheese

make you punch yo mama in the face.

looks like a winner to me. maybe a bit much work for hunting food, but i sure bet its nice after.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby daffy... » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:28 pm

well do those at goose camp.... i make the sausage form venison
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby cuppedup50 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:37 am

number 1 jerky is always a staple in my blind bag when i have some deer meat.............and number 2 we like to eat in our crew.........so we generally do the sausage, bacon,eggs, and biscuits deal in our blind. n we just got a propane oven to put in our blind..................HELL YEAH. :grooving: :grooving:
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:30 am

I have one of them Coleman stoves that looks like a lantern with the top chopped off.
I take a 8" skillet and a small jar that I keep bacon grease in.
I will cook bacon and scrambled eggs and put cheese in the eggs which is just plain heaven when it is 18 degrees.
I take styrofoam paper plates to keep the bacon hot. I stack an upside down plate on top of another and it keeps the bacon hot.
The dog ALWAYS have to have his "cut".
I take along a couple pieces of bread and two small serving bottles of OJ and two thermos' full of the hottest coffee that can be made without burning it.

TIP!!! I've had a dozen drip coffee-makers and the CUISINART brand says it makes the hottest coffee and IT DOES!!!
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby aggiechiro » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:11 pm

aunt betty wrote:the hottest coffee that can be made without burning it.

after its made and before it goes in the thermos a microwave will heat it up way more than a maker. nice if its gonna be sitting awhile before you get to it.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby BobF » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:10 pm

Our standard for hunting or fishing are my great-grandmothers breakfast sandwiches.

Eggs scrambled with either linguicia or Spanish Chorizo mixed in. Served warm on a hard roll with a little ketchup and hot sauce. Always brings back memories of when I was young and going out hunting or fishing with my grandfather and father.

You can make them on site or at home and wrap them in foil.

And ALWAYS hot coffee!
BobF
hunter

Postby BootsUpDucks2121 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:28 pm

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=backpack+stove&hl=en&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4SKPT_enUS415US415&prmd=ivns&resnum=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&ion=1&biw=1600&bih=570&wrapid=tlif131364138475110&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=15298899468950639631&sa=X&ei=35NMTt6bDorbgQeAkK3rBg&ved=0CJYBEPMCMAA#

I bought one of these backpacking single burner stoves for the blind. It is really light and gets the BTU's out quick.Its nice being able to take a cooler in the boat and then subsequently the blind. Usually do grilled cheese and soup or cook up older duck in peppers and onions... definitely a good investment.
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes"
BootsUpDucks2121
hunter

Postby Weston81 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Got a good blind this year on a platform so I am gonna try something new for opening day. I do a lot of BBQ'ing and plan on smoking a pork butt the day or two before opening day and pull it up. Then the night before opener I am gonna cook some hasbrown's, scrambled eggs, and bacon and throw it all in with the pulled pork in a ziplock bag. Then come opening morning fire up the stove in the blind and heat it all up, bring some flour tortilla's, shredded cheese, and some hot sauce/BBQ sauce and serve everyone BBQ breakfast burrito's. Sounds good to me, what do you guys think? Can't go wrong with pulled pork, bacon, tatters and eggs right?
Weston81
hunter

Postby Idahocougar » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:34 pm

On the mornings when we have to get to the blind early, we take along the small bbq and make sausage muffins. Grill up some sausage patties and fry up some eggs, then warm up your english muffin on the grill and spread a little mayo on it and then add the sausage patty and egg. Serve with a hot cup of coffee and irish cream. I can hardly wait till season gets here!
Idahocougar
hunter

Postby justasign » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:16 pm

Hot chocolate to warm up with in the mornin, Coca-cola, Hard salami on pumpernikle and maybe a few candy bars. Then go back and eat bowls of Jambalay.
justasign
hunter

Postby river rats » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:18 pm

the ultimate snack. pound of bacon, package of sausage cooked together in a skillet. once cooked crack in a dozen eggs and top with some cheese. Feeds 5 guys easy.(make sure somone has a roll of tp)
river rats
hunter

Postby waterfowler2484 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:07 pm

coffee for sure,then power drink and peanut butter cheese crackers, smoked oysters on crackers with hot sauce, brick of blue cheese eatin with homemade duck jerky or duck pepperoni and a large walla walla onion,.......oh and a six pack of beer is left in the truck for the end of day when finish. No over indulging til we get home to clean
"For every action, theres REACTION!!!"
waterfowler2484
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:47 am

It all sounds delicious but I gotta question. Does the meal include angel soft for desert or complementary moist towellette?
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby BrentP » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:45 pm

After opening day, I plan on having ducks to eat. Does anyone have any good blind recipies that include duck? Any good duck sandwiches or breakfast food?
BrentP
hunter

Postby TheDuckSlayer143 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:32 am

fazwilder wrote:here is somethign that we love to do. first we have a jet boiler i use when i go backpacking so that is the ticket right their, it fits inside itself and doesnt take up too much room. anyways first i boil the water which takes 2 min put in jumbalya rice mix right befor thats done i throw pre cooked smoke sausage or red sausage in there heat it all up and serve with biscuts. here is a pic (we brought a pot cause we were at my truck on this day)

The redman makes that meal!! Hahahah sounds kinda good right now actually hahah
duck hunters are crazy; 4 months out of the year they talk to birds, act like a bush, and the rest of the year they spend all there money to get all of it.
TheDuckSlayer143
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:31 pm

Seriously how do you guys not get the schitts?
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:10 pm

I always wanted to meet someone who could cook biscuits in a cook kit like you see the duck commander do.
I could do the rest. Sausage-gravy and biscuits always is good when it's cold outside and keeps you warm a long time.
A little jelly and mmmmmm. Toss in some eggs and a little bacon would ya?
:bow: :bow:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby ring_main » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:22 pm

Jeez if I ate like some of you my boat would swamp. Sounds delicious though.

Jetboil, instant coffee, and instant oatmeal.

Really wish I still dipped...
ring_main
hunter

Postby SouthernWingsAssaultTeam » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:37 am

philly teal sammiches
Rodney Hill
Echo championship calls prostaff
Avian X Fieldstaff
SouthernWingsAssaultTeam
hunter

Postby westranger » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:40 pm

Without a doubt our choice is corned beef hash on the propane stove for breakfast along with coffee and hot cocoa for the son. Lunch is beef stew and ham and mustard sannys. Snack is chocolate stripe cookies. Always bring water and a few sodas. We may not always fill out but we NEVER go hungry! Oh yea and beef jerky is a must. My theory is make it as fun as possible and my son and I will build solid memories. Oh and don't forget the plastic kitchen bags and TP to take care of business!!!
westranger
hunter

Postby VT_Diver-Junkie » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:24 am

If i'm by myself stop to the deli and get a sandwich and redbull put my ipod on with headphones eat look around and listen to Metallica to get me in a mood and angry (football locker room days miss them) If i'm with pops coffee dounuts and slim jims
Theres nothing like frostbite and gunpowder in the air!!!!
VT_Diver-Junkie
hunter

Postby Papabear » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:36 am

I made theses and ever one loved them i even bough a can of gravy for dunking next time i have to make twice as many

wild Biscuits

Use Pillsbury biscuits
any wild game meat
cook the meat in butter till brown then place in the center of biscuits. Bake using the direction on the tube of biscuits. Wrap in aluminum foil when your ready to eat them just heat them till warm
excellent to take to the duck blind
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed-For Those Who Don't None Will Do
WE HUNT BY SIGHT-NOT BY SOUND
Papabear
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:42 am

I've been working on my home-made biscuit-baking abilities.
I figure an outdoorsman had better know how to make biscuits in a duck blind.

Here's what they look like so far.
The two on the left that look kinda sad are made from the cuttings.
They always look jacked up but the dog never notices. :yes:
DSCF0556.jpg
aunt betty
hunter

Postby tenfingergrip » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:57 am

Back in the '80's, I had a permanent shore blind on some Weyerhaeuser land I leased. My buddy and I used to leave a 5 gal bucket in the blind with provisions such as catsup, hot sauce, salt & pepper, saltine crackers, etc., and a coffee can opened on both ends with a wire shelf half way down to set a can of beans on. Used a can of sterno and it got it bazing hot in an instant. Used to cook our beans, etc on the stove. Worked great. One morning on a retrieve down the shoreline, my lab sliced her foot and I went to investigate. Found the nicest, biggest oyster bed about 50 yds from the blind that had never been harvested. From then on, Freddie and I ate steamed oysters and oysters on the halfshell in the blind every time we hunted! Unfortunately, Weyerhaeuser sold the land to a huge development company and there are condos where the old blind use to be. Miss those old times!
tenfingergrip
hunter

Postby SCduckhunter24 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:49 pm

We usually do deer sausage and/or bacon, and egg and make sandwiches. And we have some candy bars for desert. Nothing like duck blind sandwich on a cold morning of duck busting
SCduckhunter24
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking