Deep Fried Beer

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Deep Fried Beer

Postby aggiechiro » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:03 pm

The beer is placed inside a pocket of salty, pretzel-like dough and then dunked in oil at 375 degrees for about 20 seconds, a short enough time for the confection to remain alcoholic.

When diners take a bite the hot beer mixes with the dough in what is claimed to be a delicious taste sensation.

His deep-fried beer will be officially unveiled in a fried food competition at the Texas state fair later this month. The Texas Alcoholic Commission has already ruled that people must be aged over 21 to try it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/7973944/Deep-fried-beer-invented-in-Texas.html

its my understanding that once he makes them, he freezes the beer solid before cooking it.... but really, tell me you don't want to try it. :beer:
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Re: Deep Fried Beer

Postby daffy... » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:27 pm

ive deep fried just about everything there is to fry. including things that arnt eatable. i cant believe i didnt think of this
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby aggiechiro » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:35 pm

i saw one fellow who did coke. pop a top make a 50:50 batter, coke mix then flick it into the grease.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby daffy... » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:03 am

huh?

"insert cocaine joke here"
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby aggiechiro » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:38 am

fine:cola, soda, pop, or whatever you people call it.

here its all coke.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:28 pm

I nearly threw up last year when I went to the Texas State Fair. I wanted to try everything that was fried and I paid for it for about a week. Fried PBJ, fried coke, fried ice cream, fried snickers, and the delicious fried moon pie.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby daffy... » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:52 pm

fried ice cream is good. i roll mine in coconut, fry it. put it over fried strips of flour tourtilla tossed in cinnamon and sugar.

actually back when i was just a wee lad starting my culinary career me and a dishwasher had a slow night so we fried a bunch of things. we would take balls of guacamole. bread it and put it in the middle of a bowl of salsa and eat it will nacho chips.
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby whistlin_wings » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:33 am

We have a place here that sold their recipe to tyson and they make it and sell it now, they're called white wings. It's chicken stuffed with monzarella and jalepenos, cheese on the outside, wrapped in bake, dipped in batter, then deep fried. Eat 2 or 3 and you're stopped up for a week straight.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking