Duck Fajitas

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Duck Fajitas

Postby DuckinFool » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:27 pm

First get off your couch and go shoot some ducks. Debreast them. Cut breasts into thin strips and place in a covered bowl in a marinade consisting of Red Hot Sauce, A1 Steak Sauce, 1 can of Sprite and salt for at least 2 days.

Buy 2 pkgs of Fajita seasoning mix (or make ur own) and follow instructions except use 2 pkgs and of course you will need tortilla shells......ENJOY !!!

Toward the end of cooking time I like to add a liberal amount of salsa and stir in......yummy !!!
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Re: Duck Fajitas

Postby daffy... » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:20 am

reds hotsauce and italian dressing 50/50 is my top 5 marinade for chicken, beef, and duck. greatttt for fajitas.

also cant beat cajun seasoning one side of the breast. grilling med rare, slice thin against grain and mixing with sauted veg for fajitas

-certi.chef
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby aggiechiro » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:22 am

daffy... wrote: grilling med rare,

thats the only suggestion i would have had. i can't imagine not grilling fajitas.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby daffy... » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:47 pm

the way you slice meat really helps too. nothing is worse than taking a bite and pulling all the meat out cus the meat is too "fibery"

always slice meat against the grain
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking