Flying Roast Beef

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Flying Roast Beef

Postby duckin-A » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:29 pm

the name came from a recipe in DU mag, but i made my own recipe..............i love to smoke fish & waterfowl. I have a dome covered smoker for cooking the meat or fish and a cold smoker for the final smoking process.
recently took fresh Goose breasts [i usually make jerky out of these] but decided to try something new........marinated the breasts overnite in favorite marinade, any marinade you like is fine. then smoked them to about 125 deg center temp and rare +
then put the in my cold smoker and smoked the hell out of them for most of 5-6 hours.........they are still rare & juicy at this point vacuum sealed the finished product and took them to a fish fry party over the weekend as an Hordeourve.......thinly sliced on a diagonal. Salt or pepper optional.......WELL.......people were like what is this?? how did you do it.....What is it???? absolutely the best thing they have ever tasted.....where can I get more!!!! etc....Blah blah blah......well for my first time making this I was pretty pleased .....................can wait till goose season opens again................same process goes for ducks and probably anything you wanna cook....Got Possum???? :beer: :thumbsup: :beer:
" I spent all my money on Liquor & Women,
and the rest I just wasted"!!!
duckin-A
hunter

Re: Flying Roast Beef

Postby duckin-A » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:42 am

WOW!!! 92 views and not one comment...............opinions welcome!
" I spent all my money on Liquor & Women,
and the rest I just wasted"!!!
duckin-A
hunter

Postby daffy... » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:52 am

i take some with a creamy horseradish sauce. mmmm mmm
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby aftershox454 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:33 pm

agreed with the horseradish!

man that does sound good, I'll probably do the same thing with my goose breasts that i got on the opener.

Gonna have to figure out a cold smoker though :huh:
aftershox454
hunter

Postby MurphyMID » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:32 pm

I will be trying this, thanks...
Texas, It's still America down here...
MurphyMID
hunter

Postby Morning Flight » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:05 am

This recipe does sound great. Now I just have to get a goose to try it out with.

aftershox454 wrote:Gonna have to figure out a cold smoker though :huh:

As for the cold smoker, this can be created pretty easy. My uncle does it with salmon using wooden dowels, a cardboard box, and a piece of dryer tubing. He has a weber type grill that he uses as his firebox, runs the dryer tubing from the baffle of the dome into the cardboard box, and skewers the box with the dowels. Meat goes over the dowels and he inserts a digital thermometer to track temp of the smoker on the outside.

Alton Brown on the food network also used this method, so you might be able to find more on the net.
Morning Flight
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking