Stock Pot Recipes

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Stock Pot Recipes

Postby whistlin_wings » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:20 pm

Any of you cajun folks have any recipes for a 62 qt stock pot? Mine just sits there all lonely waiting for crawfish season again and didn't know if there was something out there worth making that I couldn't in a regular pot.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Re: Stock Pot Recipes

Postby aggiechiro » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:27 pm

chili
fried chicken
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby daffy... » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:01 pm

aggiechiro wrote:chili
fried chicken

hahah fried chicken? you can do it in as small as a cast iron pan.

i wish i could remeber how to spell it but consum'e (spelling?) would be a funny recipe to use a stock pot for. its a crystal clear chicken soup... more so like a insanely good chicken broth

you take a bunch of craziness. ground chicken, bruleed onion, cloves etc. eggs and toss into stock pot, simmer. the car wreck of ingrediates raft up at the top. underneath is a delious crystal clear chicken soup broth.

... or make beer
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby aggiechiro » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:13 pm

daffy... wrote:hahah fried chicken? you can do it in as small as a cast iron pan.

yeah but if you want to do something like a family bbq but with fried chicken its handy. easy to do 4-5 birds worth at a time, and by the time you get the next batch ready the oil is good to go again. i wasn't talking about family dinner, i was talking feed 20+ people.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:19 pm

Sure...the same thing I do with it...Venison stock. take the whole carcass (or 2- or more...) and chop, cut, or smash to pieces with ax/sledge hammer to expose the marrow, place in multiple baking pans with 2"lip and baste with redwine...brown in oven for a while and then make a stock with the bones and seasonings. I usually concentrate the stock to demi-gloss consistency for freezing, and I use this stock in a lot of game dishes...sauce piquants, stews, etc. Even use it as a base for sauces like trout merinere and trout almondene.. :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby daffy... » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:44 pm

inda i brush my bones with tomatoe paste.

send some cash my way or a case of ammo and ill send you some lobster, clams and some native corn to steam in that stock pot :thumbsup:
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 am

daffy... wrote:inda i brush my bones with tomatoe paste.

send some cash my way or a case of ammo and ill send you some lobster, clams and some native corn to steam in that stock pot :thumbsup:

I was about to say he should order some lobsters. Its expensive to get them overnighted to you, but worth it for a once a year kind of thing. Down here we've been able to get some Langusta Marina (spiny lobster) and it is delicious.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking