teal recipes anyone?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

teal recipes anyone?

Postby tealstacker83 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:44 pm

anyone got a different recipe for teal besides tbe ol italian dressing butter garlic salt bacon grill recipe? its my favorite but trying to figure out a different flavor if you know what i mean? :hi:
did u really miss that shot at 40 yds? This is sc they dont decoy here
tealstacker83
hunter

Re: teal recipes anyone?

Postby joshco84 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:57 pm

i take a lot of my ducks and cook them this way.

Get a skillet good and hot with some butter in the bottom of it.

Teal breasts, i just throw the half in and sear it. Bigger ducks i take and slice the breast in to one inch or so thick pieces and throw in. Just sear it till its got a nice brown on it (remember a hot fire is critical). I find with a searing the outside good, leaves the middle about medium rare and perfect.

Sometimes i do it with just raw meat, no marinade, but its really good if you marinate the night before. I also find they turn out a little juicier when marinated as well.
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
joshco84
Leg Humper

Postby MaxRabbit » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:50 am

1 whole white onion
10 cloves of garlic(smashed)
salt and pepper
1/2 stick butter
fume blanc
portabella mushrooms

slice the onion so you have 2" pieces, smash the 10 cloves dont dice and cut the portabella into 1" cubes(they will shrink). duck, butter and garlic, onion, mushrooms and wine into skillet. For larger birds you will want to cook the duck, garlic butter and wine for a couple minutes before adding the mushrooms and onion. Serve over some rice!
MaxRabbit
hunter

Postby MurphyMID » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Just cooked some up a little differently tonight. I plucked two of them and brined them in straight saltwater for a couple days. I dried them off and coated them inside, and out and under the skin with paul prudhommes poultry magic. I placed them in the bottom of a baking dish with some baby carrots. I poured 2 cups of beef broth (from cubes) over them and then poured instant rice over everything. I baked it for about 45 minutes at 375, or until the rice is done in the middle and crispy on top. the ducks were still a medium to medium rare. I served them by chopping in half lengthwise over a pile of the rice, with the carrots on the side...

passed the kids and wife tests, so it must have been good...
2012:
Birds 76
MurphyMID
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:09 am

Teal Marsala... pound out the teal breasts and use in place of chicken in Chicken Marsala.... :drool:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby william costa » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:08 pm

country fried teal!take breast halfs pound with meat tenderizer dredge in seasoned flour.fry them in veg oil till good and brown.mix a bag of country gravy mix(mccormicks suasage flavored white gravy)put on plate and cover with gravy.fix taters and stuffing or some greens and hold on to yer fork its freekin awsome!it works good with puddlers and divers as well.i fix em like this or grill.u guys gotta try this its really good.
william costa
hunter

Postby daffy... » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Teal Marsala... pound out the teal breasts and use in place of chicken in Chicken Marsala.... :drool:

my signature dish is creamy raisen chicken marsala.
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:46 pm

daffy... wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Teal Marsala... pound out the teal breasts and use in place of chicken in Chicken Marsala.... :drool:

my signature dish is creamy raisen chicken marsala.

You ought to try it with either pounded teal breasts or duck tenderloins with roasted garlic marsala!! :yes: :drool: :thumbsup:
I look forward to this one all year long!!! :beer:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby aboz » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:27 am

When you clean your teal, clean them with the breasts connected to the bone, then marinate in red wine, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning. Then slap them on the grill :wink:
take em
aboz
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking