new recipe from daffy :clapping:

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

new recipe from daffy :clapping:

Postby bayouboy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:59 pm

:clapping:

I had asked daffy for some advice the other day and short story long, he gave me a recipe (of sorts) to try.

essentially:
Get a pan, little grease, heat it up, about medium or hotter and throw your duck breasts on there. flip breasts. Remove breasts (after a couple minutes each side, time will vary), add some jelly to the pan & a little water to break up what cooked on pan. makes a little gravy.

cut the duck breast against the grain in slits. pour gravy on top.

Well I was hesitant but went pick up some regular black-berry jelly. Have 4 breasted ducks marinated right now, so I de-boned one of the teal this afternoon & tried it. I left the teal on there only a couple minutes each side.

Let me tell you, it was awesome. I was pleasantly suprised. I de-bonded the other ducks i had in there and i'm debating right now if i should cook some more like that right now, or keep eating day-old squirrel gumbo. Good choices to have.

Thanks Daffy, guess that certification is legit.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Re: new recipe from daffy :clapping:

Postby aftershox454 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:52 pm

that is a great recipe,

try throwing in some balsamic venegar and letting it reduce in the pan along with the berry jam- gives it a little more in my opinion :thumbsup:
aftershox454
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:11 pm

aftershox454 wrote:that is a great recipe,

try throwing in some balsamic venegar and letting it reduce in the pan along with the berry jam- gives it a little more in my opinion :thumbsup:

will try that. had them marinading in seasoning, garlic marinade, and a lil vinegar.

next batch i did, cooked them very rare, middle was almost cold. love that.
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Postby aftershox454 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:24 am

yeah that medium rare goodness gets ya everytime :thumbsup:
aftershox454
hunter

Postby daffy... » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:25 pm

:thumbsup: thanks for posting. having these threads made up really save me time when memebers ask for quick and tasty duck recipes. glad you liked. as for the balsamic reduction comment. im my thread i posted that up with going well with the classic bacon wrapped duck... but instead i usually use honey in the reduction.

ever feeling crazy do a plum sake (chinese rice wine) reduction. that goes great with puddlers
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking