Crock pot mole?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Crock pot mole?

Postby vipersdad » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:35 am

Has anyone used a crockpot and mole sauce? There is a simple pheasant recipe with mole sauce. Two cans chicken stock and a small jar of mole sauce in a crockpot on low. I am thinking about trying it with duck.

Any advice?

Thanks.
vipersdad
hunter

Re: Crock pot mole?

Postby aboz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:45 am

Do it i love cooking duck in the crook pot. I always cook the breasts in green verde sauce for 6 hours and they are delicious. But that could be good also :thumbsup:
take em
aboz
hunter

Postby vipersdad » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:35 am

Verde sauce sounds good.

Vipersdad
vipersdad
hunter

Postby aggiechiro » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:19 am

vipersdad wrote:Verde sauce sounds good.

Vipersdad

it does, but i think it'd be hard to beat a good mole.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby vipersdad » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Well, I have a report on Verde Mallard Mole. It is excellent. :clapping:

This morning I got up, made coffee and put 7 filleted mallard breasts in the crock pot at 6:00 a.m. Along with the breasts I used an 8.5 ounce jar of concentrated verde mole sauce, one jar full of chicken stock, and two jars of water. As things warmed up I broke up the chunks of mole and stirred every so often just to get everything mixed. After the first hour I only stirred maybe 2 or 3 times for the last 6 hours. Altogether I cooked it at low heat for 7 hours. Well, it is great. Tender, good flavor. I poured sauce and meat over some Mexican small pasta and some corn. Didn't have any celantro or I would have added that with some sliced tomatoes on the side.

Stopped at the Mexican store for more mole concentrate so I am ready to defrost my next batch of breasts at my convenience.

Next time I might use brown rice or pinto beans under the mole sauce and meat but the pasta I used today was perfect.

Enjoy.

Vipersdad

Dona Maria Mole Sauce.jpg
Dona Maria Mole Sauce.jpg (2.29 KiB) Viewed 808 times
vipersdad
hunter

Postby FMFdevildoc » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:42 am

X10000! !!!

I hadn't seen this thread - I just typed up a rave recommending this recipe (a variation) - it is top notch good.

Got a scaup just today and I've decided the scaup & spoony are going into mole, along with a few diver breasts from the freezer. It works really well with divers so I am sure it would be yet even better with white fatted ducks that have less 'muddy' flavors.

Boy im going to miss cooking duck, my freezer stash is thin. Least I got some elk still...
Why? One inquires why? Because, AMERICA !!
FMFdevildoc
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking