Deep fried? help

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Deep fried? help

Postby Rkothducks » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Whats the best way to deep fry a duck? Small bodied birds like teal that you just skin and gut. Also breasted out birds how would you deep fry it? Just put it in the frier and let it cook or is there prep work?
Just shoot it!
Rkothducks
hunter

Re: Deep fried? help

Postby aggiechiro » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:39 pm

i quarter them like chicken. its easier and you get more even cooking that leaving them whole.
Gig 'em!
aggiechiro
hunter

Postby btduckcall » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:57 am

i cut mine up in cubes, roll them in mustard and the breading mix, and fry for just a minute or two. a great and easy way for goose , and make different dipping sauces to go along with it
btduckcall
hunter

Postby bayouboy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:50 pm

btduckcall wrote:i cut mine up in cubes, roll them in mustard and the breading mix, and fry for just a minute or two. a great and easy way for goose , and make different dipping sauces to go along with it

i think that's the key: just a minute or so. get the grease 350 or more
The New Orleans Saints
Superbowl XLIV Champions

“I have no reason to fear the hat. I put it on my head everyday.” Coach Les Miles
bayouboy
hunter

Postby william costa » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:27 pm

I leave each breast half hole.bread just like frying chicken.make some white sausage flavored gravy mix(mccormicks packet mix)then pour gravy over top of breast on plate.add some mashed taters and greens as side dishes mmmmmmm mmmm good!! :thumbsup: also if u pluck ur birds u have got to try them on a rotesary seasoned with spices of ur choice.best damn duck ive ever ate!
william costa
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking