Goose Recipes?

What's cooking?! A forum to share your favorite duck recipes, goose recipes, wild game recipes, and smoking; along with how to prepare game before hand.

Moderators: Indaswamp, brassass, daffy...

Goose Recipes?

Postby Captain16 » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:16 pm

Just got my first goose yesterday and was wondering what you guys do with your meat? I heard just use the breast, which, I did just breast it out. Now I am wondering how you guys and gals prefer to prepare them? I am thinking I will probably just end up making jerky out of them, but was just trying to get a few more ideas on how to cook them. Thanks again!
Captain16
hunter

Postby decoydog » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:28 pm

Give this a try. I posted this some time ago and it works real well with goose breats mainly because you can stuff more into them.

As many large duck breasts as you can get(the larger the better)
-mushrooms(diced small)
-green onion(diced small)
-favorite cheese grated(DO NOT USE AMERICAN PROCESSED, it's embarrassing)
-thin sliced bacon

Cut the breasts open as you would Pita bread and run your fingers inside to pit it the rest of the way(without breaking through the other side). Stuff with mushrooms, green onion, and cheese. Wrap with a couple of slices of bacon and hold together with toothpicks. Grill it up. Now here is what I do. I cook them using indirect heat and I throw some apple chips on the coals while it cooking.
It's hard to pull 1 inch through 6 inches of material while doing "the dance", and looking skyward.
decoydog
hunter

Postby duckjumper » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:36 pm

Whatever you do, don't cook them past medium. You'll be eating leather then...
I love all of God's creatures, properly prepared.
duckjumper
hunter

Postby Breathewaterfowl » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:44 pm

I'd say you make some jerky out of it. :laughing:
it fly's it dies...it swims it dies too
Breathewaterfowl
hunter

Postby WEASLE » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:28 pm

try it in the crock pot just like you would a roast, i do it like that every now and again and its very good. just remember lots of garlic and seasonings. dont be afraid to try different things
"AS BAD AS I AM, I'M AS GOOD AS YOU ARE, BUT AS GOOD AS YOU ARE, YOUR AS BAD AS I AM."

IF A MAMAL BLEEDS FOR SEVEN DAYS AND DOES NOT DIE THAT IS A FORCE TO BE RECONED WITH
WEASLE
hunter

Return to Duck Recipes & Tips for all Cooking